Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Suzuki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Biggest tire size for 87 LT-4WD

Hello

Wait is the biggest tires i can put on a 87 suzuki LT-4WD? Factory tire size is front 22x8.00-10 & back is 24x11.00-10. I wed like the same size on the front & back so it will look the same. Will this work?

Thanks
HUBBA
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i think as long as your rims are the same so it lines-up
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Garage is empty, add now

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hubba

I wed like the same size on the front & back so it will look the same. Will this work?

Thanks

HUBBA</end quote></div>

In a word - No. You can go to a larger tire size but the difference in circumfrence of the front and rear tires must remain in proportion to the stock size. That style LT adjusts the gearing between rear and front drive so that even with the smaller tires up front the axle speed is adjusted so that both front and rear are traveling at the same speed. Try putting four equal sets of wheels/tires on it and the front tires will try to pull away from the back whenever you are in 4wd.

That said, I know of at least one guy who is running equal size tires on his KQ300. Since most of the time he is in 2wd and much of the trails he rides on are sandy type soil, the 4wd crabbing is not very noticable. Different stroy if you spend a lot of 4wd time on rock or hardpack surfaces.

'07 Can-Am Outlander 800 XT - Crutchfield stage I Extremes all around
'02 Eiger 5-speed / mudlites
'02 Ozark
'96 TRX90

Past bikes: '89 Warrior, '97 Warrior, '98 LT80, '94 King Quad 300, '84 LT50
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 AM

Tags
22x8, 24x11, 800xt, 87, back, biggest, front, lt4wd, lt80, put, size, sizes, suzuki, tire, tires