Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need more power

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more power

I would like to get more power out of my 05 700 king quad. I keep getting stuck while other quads get through. I have a few questions if someone can help point me in the right direction. I would like to put 27 " tires on

1. thought i would add a power module, what is the best one?
2. What about a lift kit, it sees to get hung up easily
3. Should i upgrade the clutch?

Anyone wanna give me some input.
Thanks..........Dale

Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

I know the 27" will make a huge difference. I would go that route. Bro you have a 700! You shouldn't need a power module you have way more than enough power. If your getting stuck you definitely aren't getting stuck because of lack of power! Maybe lack of experience.

Welcome to the mickey mouse club

Good Luck

Old 06-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Originally Posted by 420Pimp
I know the 27" will make a huge difference. I would go that route. Bro you have a 700! You shouldn't need a power module you have way more than enough power. If your getting stuck you definitely aren't getting stuck because of lack of power! Maybe lack of experience.

Welcome to the mickey mouse club

Good Luck
I agree. It's very rare I get stuck on the King. I do have 27" Zillas and a clutch kit but rarely have other machines made it and not me. Once in a while it's the other way around.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Been riding for 10 yrs so I don't think it that, lol. I put 26" big bear's on it and it helped a bit. I get a loss of power in high range and seems to get hung up so maybe a lift kit. It would be great if there was no loss of power in high range when going through a bogg. So here is what i am thinking.
1. 2 " lift kit
2. 27" tires
3. clutch kit - I think this may mean a loss of speed but I don't mind

Would I need more power in high range to turn the tires? What is the best power module to buy for my 700 king?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...ch-work-3.html

I had trouble with hills with my 500 and was looking for more zip and this alone solved the problem.

The install is easy to do and I give some tips and tricks there.

I have had the clutch in for some time and I no longer have any issues with hills and the bike is much quicker from the start with a ton of low end.
With Mods 1+2 I have hit 59 mph and when I realized how fast I was going decided to slow down instead of pushing it. (my prior top was 54-55 so I had no top end loss that I can tell)
My zero to 30 or so is great and to tell the truth that is fast enough when riding in the woods 90% of the time.
I do a little bit in the mud and all the low end helps a bunch.
Lift kit and 27 inch tires - For me doing a bunch of off camber riding I dont want to be any higher than I already am. I stuck with the stock size tires and the main reason is price/weight. Remember you have to turn a taller tire so you will loose some quicks. (with a 700cc bike vs a 500 you may not notice it much)
Also just having replaced my executioners with dirt tamers the difference between the 25 and 26 inch tire was just over 100 dollars.

With logs and such it is just a different technique and I so far have only got hung up once where I had to get off and pull the ride over. (that doesnt count the new lower arm or the tie rod I bent this year)

With all that said if you want the 27 inch tires start there before you put the money into the lift kit and do the clutch. I think you will be happy with the results. I dont think I will ever have another quad and not do the clutch 1st thing.

Call Adam he picks up the phone and talk to him about your riding style he can tell you exactly the number of mods to best suit you. (1-5)
He started with the Artic Cats and the Suzuki is very similar. This is the main reason I went with his system.
There are a bunch of guys out there that do this work and my buddy is happy with his coop mods on his Grizz 550.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Try www.nyrocatv.com. They have many tips for the King Quads over there!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

A clutch kit will help you get back the power you loss by adding the larger tires. EPI offers a Sport Utility Kit for the 27-28" tires for your machine and will give you better low end and midrange power, faster backshift and throttle response, and will grip the belt better. www.epiperformance.com No matter what clutch kit you use you will want to use low range in the hard stuff to save belt and clutch ware.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:20 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If you put a ATV in low range it will snap a axle before it runs out of wheel turning power even if its a 300cc.