Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

HMF exhaust for Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF exhaust for Eiger

Looking to squeeze a little more hp out of the Eiger. Was planning on slip-on exhaust, UNI, and rejet the carb. Maybe open up the factory snorkle a bit. HMF appears to be the only exhaust that is a factory fit for these, but I've heard they are a loud exhaust. I don't mind going a little louder, but don't want anything obnoxious. Open to any feedback or suggestions. Whatcha got?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Geez, thanks for all the replies. I ended up buying the HMF Penland Pro slip-on that came with a UNI and jet kit for $300. Figured if it's too loud, I can always buy the Quiet Core insert to tone it down. Hasn't been shipped, yet, so will have to post later how it sounds. If I like what this does for the machine, I might do the clutch kit later.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

There is an interminably long post on this site all about how to tune Eigers, you just have to look for it.

What is the "clutch kit"? Eiger autos are very low geared and could do with heavier rollers in the variator, and manual shift Eigers wear the stock clutches out rapidly, both the plate one and the centrifugal clutch.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by merryman
There is an interminably long post on this site all about how to tune Eigers, you just have to look for it.

What is the "clutch kit"? Eiger autos are very low geared and could do with heavier rollers in the variator, and manual shift Eigers wear the stock clutches out rapidly, both the plate one and the centrifugal clutch.
If you're referring to the one about jetting and whatnot, I've read that one. It's pretty long.. Somebody out there certainly is running an HMF pipe on one of these and was hoping for an opinion on the volume of the exhaust. I ride mostly in the woods, so I'm not overly concerned about noise, but I don't want it to be obnoxious, either.

Clutch kit would be rollers, torque spring, clutch springs, etc.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Installed the exhaust, UNI, and 30 main jet today. It really wakes this machine up. The exhaust is loud, yes, but the gained performance is worth it. I used a smart phone app and it increases about 10db at idle. Blipping the throttle it goes up quite a bit, but my app max'd out at 90db. I know it's much louder than that.