Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

help lt a50 quadmaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help lt a50 quadmaster

I have got the boys quad out the shed to be used and the steering has become very stiff even for me no way little fella could steer it anyway iv wd40 it and give it a clean no different any ideas or help appreciated other than that bike runs great ...

Old 04-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

[QUOTE=drodders;3286307]I have got the boys quad out the shed to be used and the steering has become very stiff even for me no way little fella could steer it anyway iv wd40 it and give it a clean no different any ideas or help appreciated other than that bike runs great ...[/QUOTE/]
The steering stem has two mounts, top and bottom. Two tie rods, left and right, four tie rod ends, two inner, two outer. Check these points. If the quad hasn't been flipped and bent something,(which is what it sounds like) it is one of these, likely the upper steering stem mount rubber bushing.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

[QUOTE=Burnpile230s;3287223]
Originally Posted by drodders
I have got the boys quad out the shed to be used and the steering has become very stiff even for me no way little fella could steer it anyway iv wd40 it and give it a clean no different any ideas or help appreciated other than that bike runs great ...[/QUOTE/]
The steering stem has two mounts, top and bottom. Two tie rods, left and right, four tie rod ends, two inner, two outer. Check these points. If the quad hasn't been flipped and bent something,(which is what it sounds like) it is one of these, likely the upper steering stem mount rubber bushing.
thanks for the advice planning on messing with it this weekend defo hasn't been flipped or crashed still steers just stiff now it hardly gets used I'll check them all and get back to you asap maybe a bush or something has perished over time with lack of being used just sits in shed most of its life...Thanks again.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

[QUOTE=drodders;3287259]
Originally Posted by Burnpile230s

thanks for the advice planning on messing with it this weekend defo hasn't been flipped or crashed still steers just stiff now it hardly gets used I'll check them all and get back to you asap maybe a bush or something has perished over time with lack of being used just sits in shed most of its life...Thanks again.
Before replacing the stem bushings, try lifting the dust cover (if it has one) and spray your wd40 against the metal and trun the bars to work it down inside the bushing, hit the bottom too, unless the bushings are history of course. I have a 250ex that needs a wd40 treatment there once a month for the same problem and to quiet the SQUEAK! lol. If it def hasnt been flipped or crashed I almost promise you it is in the steering stem bushing. Lube is yours and her friend.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks again for your help...be in touch...

Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

stripped it down as you said as soon as I disconnected the steering arms it was very easy to steer rang my brother who I got the bike of he said he had it serviced just before I got it and had everything replaced turns out on the back of the wheels where the steering arms connect looks like a brake cylinder anyway the big nut and bolt that goes through it was to tight so I cracked the nut half a turn on both wheels hey presto perfect steering again anyway thanks for your help everything greased up now fresh oil and juice spark plug and lots of fun for kids....Thanks again..