Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Newbie has a few questions for the pros

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie has a few questions for the pros

I have a 2013 Kingquad 500 AXI I'm in the process of doing my own first oil change, front & rear differential fluids, and replacing coolant in the radiator. Just a few quick questions/clarifications. For the front differential I bought Suzuki hypoid gear lube and for the rear I bought Mobilfluid 424 high performance tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid. Does that sound right? The rear differential plug and oil pan plug were easy to find, but alittle help on where to drain & refill the front would be helpful. Finally, is the radiator as simple as a drain & fill? BTW I called a few authorized Suzuki dealers in Michigan and they all wanted approximately $180 for the labor + parts which I was told would run me about $250 total. Thanks to you guys I'm saving myself a bundle for the life of my quad!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Engine coolant should not have to be replaced for a minium of 1 full year or two years if not used under severe conditions. Your diffs will call for a GL-5 lube probably 80-90 or 80-140 wt, I would not use anything that is not called for in the owners manual, same is true for engine oil. If you use the wrong stuff your warranty could be void !!

Old 03-20-2017, 04:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

We never change diff oils unless the oil inside shows signs of water contamination, nor coolant, ever. If you are worried about antifreeze strength, either buy a tester, or get the dealer to check the specific gravity, this will cost a lot less than a change. The level plug on the front diff is just below the filler plug, RH side of diff, near to front. Both diffs should have SAE 80 or 90 gear oil.