Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places to ride near Kansas City?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to ride near Kansas City?

I'm new to the area. Where is the best place to ride around KC? Do you need licenses or flags on your ATV? How much is it? Any help would be great!

Old 06-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are unable to find satisfactory riding areas close to KC, here is one about 90 miles north on I-29.

A great riding area was purchased a few years ago by a Not-For-Profit organization called the Nebraska Trailriders Association. It is 85 miles or so south of Omaha. You don't need to be a NE resident to join. We have members from KS, MO, IA & NE.

It is a members only club, but we are currently seeking more members. Our goal is 125 members and we currently have around 90. A membership covers your immediate family like wife and kids living at home or otherwise deductible on your income taxes.

278 acres of wooded hilly terrain. There are a few hills down there that I'm pretty sure no quads can climb, but then again I'm sure there is someone out there that can prove me wrong. There are multiple hillclimb areas with many more possible. Many miles of trails - 15 miles or more, with many more possible. Natural terrain MX track over a mile around.

We are having a membership drive. Lifetime membership has been reduced from $1,300 and it is now $1000 thru July 4th. First year dues are $150. 2004 dues will be set based upon actual expenses divided by number of members - covers taxes, insurance, loan payments, etc, but will more than likely be less than $250. If a new member signs up another new member, your first year dues are reduced by $100. Info is current as of today, but subject to change as the season progresses. One thing is pretty certain - the $1,000 membership is a great deal. Once the loan is paid, the dues will be set to cover taxes, insurance and improvements. Taxes & insurance are about $2,000/yr divided by number of members. Improvements are voted on by the board with input from members.

There is also a payment plan option. $400 down plus $80/mo for 10 months.
Or
We do accept VISA.

If you want more info, let me know. E-mail direct to me.

Jim
Summit670@aol.com

Old 06-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Range Rover

i've only had my v-force a month or so now, haven't been riding too long. the few areas so far i've found are http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/harryst/off_road.htm , it's near deepwater missouri, a bit over an hour drive south from here... i've not been here yet, i guess its by truman lake, and is pretty muddy when the water is high from what i've read. it's free.. another one is http://www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes.htm which is in columbia, mo, i think like an hour and a half drive east, around there, i went out there a few weeks ago, not too bad of a place, it cost like $3 i think for the day of riding. the trails are in fairly bad shape though, pretty big ruts on all the trails i was on. nice area though, mx track to mess around on also which isnt too bad. let's see, thats about all i've been to so far, whatever various constructions sites i find i always check out. there's one at adams dairy and i70 just outside of blue springs that isnt too bad, depending on the day. they're building a housing addition with a lake in it, city property i believe, or most of it, lake part anyways. i've been out there many times without having anyone say anything to me. there's quite a bit of trails in the forest area that go all over...

Old 07-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

The trail by deep water is I the one I like going to. But there is one up by Perry lake (Heard that place kinda sucks) theres another one by dexler, MO. The best thing to do is to call your local cycle shop like Freedom cycle or shawnee mission cycle.

Old 07-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Range Rover

another one i found is at 470 and raytown road. get off at the raytown exit, take it north, just off to the left there is a small hill and some big *** ruts, either park on the side of the road or drive back in there<my 2wd dodge can make it, close call>, its 54 acres, theres alot of trails where 4x4 trucks go on so you have to watch out, but i've yet to see any of them, only heard stories... this is actually private property that some older man apparently owns and really could care less who rides on it, as long as they dont kill theirselve on it... good rules. when its dry out, the main part is extremely dusty so parking on the road would be wise in that situation. if anyone goes out there let me know, i go out there quiet a bit now since its fairly close and isnt too bad for local crap.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

I always wondered if you would get in trouble riding out there. I just pick my '99 400ex up last night I was thinking about going out there when I get off of work

Old 07-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

i was out there last night, you should have =] i ended up having to go back and help some dude in a s-10 get unstuck... trying to 4 wheel in a 2wd, hehe. i'll probably be out there again later tonight, either that or the adams dairy location... if your there, say whats up. i'll have my v-force, suzuki dirt bike, and white dodge ram.. it's not a bad place, theres actually a fairly long trail on the east side of raytown road which actually goes pretty far back and cross under 470... theres alot of tire marks under it so people must ride it often.. i didnt go too much farther than crossing 470 since there was three of us, i only had my quad and a bike so we turned back to switch around...

Originally posted by: Saltine
I always wondered if you would get in trouble riding out there. I just pick my '99 400ex up last night I was thinking about going out there when I get off of work

Old 07-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: encieno
i was out there last night, you should have =] i ended up having to go back and help some dude in a s-10 get unstuck... trying to 4 wheel in a 2wd, hehe. i'll probably be out there again later tonight, either that or the adams dairy location... if your there, say whats up. i'll have my v-force, suzuki dirt bike, and white dodge ram.. it's not a bad place, theres actually a fairly long trail on the east side of raytown road which actually goes pretty far back and cross under 470... theres alot of tire marks under it so people must ride it often.. i didnt go too much farther than crossing 470 since there was three of us, i only had my quad and a bike so we turned back to switch around...

I have a white toyota tacoma and a red 400ex and my buddy has a blue s10 and a old warrior. Say hey if you see us. We are also going down to deep water on saturday. you should try to come

Old 07-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I live in stilwell, KS, just south of overlandpark, We go down to deepwater about every other weekend, Saltine, I might try to go down there saturday also, I'm picking up my new banshee tonight so I want to get out and ride. what time on saturday will you be there. If I go My dad has a white f15o supercew with a big grey trailer. See ya!

Old 07-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: rh1n08d9
Hey I live in stilwell, KS, just south of overlandpark, We go down to deepwater about every other weekend, Saltine, I might try to go down there saturday also, I'm picking up my new banshee tonight so I want to get out and ride. what time on saturday will you be there. If I go My dad has a white f15o supercew with a big grey trailer. See ya!
I am hoping to leave kc about 7:00am to get a good spot. I have a white toyota tacoma and a red 400ex. I might have a side load trailer with me if I dont there will be a old blue S10 parked next to me he has a old warrior. By the way my name is CJ if you see me say hey.

Quick Reply: Places to ride near Kansas City?