Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in NJ

Hi Everyone,

I know this is a tough subject.

Been riding in NJ off Parkway Exit 102 for the summer. Lots of folks down there. About 20 folks down there this past Sunday, there all day. At about 4:00pm or so someone got word that there was an officer waiting in the lot we use to access the area, a power substation. We get out there a few hours later and sure enough he is waiting for us. It was a colts neck police car. The officer explained that there had been a large investigation over the summer into exactly who owns what land back there, and now that the lines have been established the power company has given the green light to arrest anyone they catch back there for tresspassing. He was very friendly about it and explained that he used to ride too and understood the whole scene and the pain in the *** NJ is. He took all of our names and said that we would get off with a warning but if we got caught again they had to arrest us at the land owner's request. He also said that he knew there were a lot of ways back there and as long as there wasn't a truck/trailer sitting in an obvious place that they would not be dragging the patrol cars through the mud pits looking for us if I 'caught his drift' which was also cool.

I heard there are places in Sayreville to ride. If anyone in NJ knows of good places in this area please let me know. I'm picking up a new Z400 Friday and need to break her in. I'd be happy to meet up with someone this Saturday. Even if you can't go, I can really use any tips on good spots in the area. The folks I ride with and I are very respectful, and have even gone to the length of hauling in garbage cans to use in the area we ride in, though it seems nobody but us uses them. You can be assured that your spot is in good hands with us. In our group there are about 6-8 of us, usually 4 or so make it out at any one time.

Email me at shuminski@fhsnj.org or just reply here. I'm going to go to chattsworth if nothing else comes up but I'd really like to save the $$ if I can.

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

Come on, there's gotta be somewhere! Someone throw me a bone here! Anyone going riding Saturday in central NJ, I could hook up with you. PM me, email me, or post here!

Thanks!!

Old 10-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Riding in NJ

A bunch of people (maybe me too) are going to Paragon on Sunday. Its in PA. Click here

Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

Is that place behind the dump on Shafto road in wall/tinton falls area? Cause i heard you could get to Colts Neck thru there, maybe via the railroad tracks? It was by a power station at the end of Asbury Road at the back end of NWS Earl. If it is that kinda sucks a$$. Let me know im curious, i thought that place was a well kept secret.

Old 10-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

Justin, that's it, we were parking at the power station at the end of the road that you speak of. Do you know another good spot to park to get in there? The cops flat out told me if they don't see us parked then we're OK because they're not coming back there.

Let me know!

Old 10-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

Ahnyone know any spots in North Jersey?

Old 10-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Riding in NJ

Originally posted by: scarab
Ahnyone know any spots in North Jersey?
Yeah right. Thanks for the laugh. j/k[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Us North Jersians have nowhere to ride. There was as place in Oakland I used to go to, but it pretty much sucked. It is in an industrial park. All sand track, not very long with no jumps. Well, no decent jumps.

There is a moto-x track in Milford. Not sure where though and I think it may be private. My friend used to go there before he broke his foot in July. He said it was a cool track with nice jumps. I've never been there though so I can't tell you where it is.

Mahwah is now officially closed. Lots of cops there every time I drive by on Rt. 17.

I go to Stavolas, Gliddens, and Sarcos. All close to eachother around Rt. 70 and Rt. 37 near Jackson. Thats about the closest to us and they are real fun pits.

Where in North Jersey are you from?

Old 10-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

I'm actually in New York, right by the NY/NJ. I used to go to Mahwah because it was only about ten minutes away and I'm looking for another spot clsoe by. I've been to Sarco a few times, but I have a question and sent you a PM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

Old 10-18-2003, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in NJ

I would just drive in there around the gate that is to the left at the end of the road, to the pit and unload. I went out there alot at night like 8 oclock and later, and leave around 11 on a saturday back in the spring. I havent been there in a while, i tried to go out there last friday, but there was a bunch of guys cutting down trees and brush on the opposite side of the road and I didnt want to be spotted. You can ride down the railroad tracks from the collingswood auction as well but i dont advise that, some dick that lives on i think its shark river road throws big logs and crap in the trail so we can get through, some guy in a nj american water truck chased us when we tried to go around it thru the power lines and cut down the street, i took off like a bat out of hell down the tracks to "safety". Well that officially blows, the places are disappearing by the minute, i went to check out a place i used to ride my 200x at like 6 years ago and the town turned it into a paved bike trail. We cant win it seems.

Quick Reply: Riding in NJ