Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ridng in floriduh

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ridng in floriduh

I live in floriduh the stupider state any more it seems that way but any way a place where i have been riding for years since i was young has now become basiclly a private hunt club because if you don't want to pay there $325 a year to hunt you can't ride your atv on any roads or trails except three 1mile long roads back and forth up and down them and thats it this is public land so if anyone knows a good lawyer that would'nt mind suing the state of florida for singling out atv riders because every where you go any more it seems atv aren't allowed either to ride there or your stuck to certain area like cattle.So if you decide to ride there or take you chances on getting caught because no one seems to know the rules every body i have talked to even the game and fish officer had to go ask his boss that did'nt know still haven't got the answer im looking for if its public land why do i have to pay to ride on it aren't my taxe dollars enough and where are the signs or the rule in the hand book?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

what part of florida you live in.. I live between orlando and daytona and there are a few places to ride around here pretty good mud holes and a little sand

Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

I live around the gainesville area alachua county this a real joke this so called rule of course i have been breaking the law for about 4yrs because i did'nt know and seems that they don't either.But im always looking for somewhere new to ride just got a new honda 420es and can't even really ride it.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

I grew up in Interlachen, and Id ride my dirtbikes and quads everywhere. That was a long time ago. Now I live in South Florida and its just as good. The thing you got to remember, any chance that the state can make money off you they will. Even a ticket for riding on the road. They actually by law cant tell you not to ride on the sidewalk however. Last year, I was tuning my quad, and I rode it down the sidewalk. I was stopped by two cops and the3y had to argue on whether or not I got a ticket. Eventually, they told me there wasnt anything they could do, because its not against the law to ride on the sidewalk. Now I figure that put a spur in their shorts, cause they had their ticket books out and ready. The best thing to do would find those secret spots all over up there. Ill pm you with some good riding spots under 30 miles from you if you would like. Hawthorne has some real sick places to ride, with dunes and all.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Well thats where im at around the hawthorne area but if you know of some places around that area let me know because almost ever where around here are either private land or some kind of management area which is where have been riding for as long as i can remember and now one person says youcan't but everybody else i talk to said they were'nt sure or did'nt know for sure.I have looked at the brochure for that area and i can't find the rule and its not posted any where either that its private as far as in know its public land and i should'nt have to pay to use it.And the ocala forest has gone to pay to ride thing and they basically put you on this little cow trails and if you don't get killed or get tired of the rough as hell terrain then it may be ok but thats no fun you can't play in the mud or any thing like that.And in Interlachen the puntnam count sheriffs are looking for people they can harass about your atv i just drove to the end of my drive and local cop stopped and gave the riot act thought i was going to jail until he realized i was on my property.But i will sure like to know of some secret spots that maybe i don't know of yet.Because i guess i have been breaking the rules for about three or four yrs at this grovepark area and did'nt even know it and neither didthey or just did'nt get caught.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, back in the day it was alot better. My father was a cop in Interlachen for a very long time, and I guess that helped a little. Ill pm you some choice spots up by you. I do go up there once in a while to visit family and friends, maybe we can meet up and ride.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

10-4 that sound like a plan to me i usally ride by myself i lived here in hawthorne all my life and this is the worst ever for riding atvs.But with this grve park thing there is actually two seperate area now and one atv can't even go there but all thes big 4x4 can drive all over them it just don't make since any more they have gone crazy but shoot up a few of those areas your talking about and i will let you if ther still open to ride.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

Sent you a pm, but when I get up there, we can hit some really good spots. Just hard to give directions since I usually ride right from the house to them. Ill yell when Im heading up next month, and we can have a blast.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

That sounds like a plan just let me know where to meet you and when im ready for some fun.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Trailblazer

I feel your pain also but in a lot of cases the pain is self infected. There used to be a lot of good riding around where I live but in Florida anymore <span class="FTHighlightFont">ATV</span ft> is a four letter word. It is going to get worse because a lot of atv'ers are still abusing the previlage. I was out in the Osecela Forest last week and where I parked my truck to unload. The whole place was littered with beer cans and bottles and just plain trash. I rode by some of the protected areas and there was atv tracks in the places that were marked off. Another problem is every time somebody starts a building project around here or leaves a gate open to private land. They have to chase brain dead kids and some adults on dirt machines out of the area. That leaves a bad taste in peoples minds about atv's. There are a lot of other things too but I think you get my drift by now. If you want to really complain about something the state did that was unescusible try allowing the different counties the <span class="FTHighlightFont">opt. out</span ft> rule for riding on dirt roads with speed limits of 35 or less.

Quick Reply: ridng in floriduh