Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Blaster Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Blaster Problem

So this summer i was riding in a feild and i stopped and got bored, so i decided to work on my Holeshots I got lined up in 1st, Pin'd in then i hit neutral because i wasnt used to my new Fox boots, the quad started Franticly reving and going crazy, I hit the kill switch and Nothing happened! i took the key out, and it was still revving like crazy so i ran up to my house and sat and watched it lol, next day i rode it and it was fine, was it my wiring?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Range Rover

not 100% sure but it does sound like wiring. do you still have your tors connected? probably has to do with that.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Whats the tors thing?

Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

TORS = Throttle OverRide System.

It's supposed to be a safety feature that kills the engone if you "drop" the throttle quickly. If it's working, You'd have to re-start if you dropped the throttle from a fairly small amount of throttle pressure (1/4 travel or so). You can keep it running if you quickly give a little throttle again. This is supposed to recognize somone falling off.

The TORS can be eliminated by unplugging the carb part and by shorting the switch at the throttle assembly (can be unplugged and jumpered). If that's been done, you should still be able to kill the engine with the key and the run/stop switch (providing they have not been disabled)

Although I have to agree with the previous post, It's probably a wiring issue. If again you experience this kind of issue at least stay with it and turn the fuel control to the "off" position. It will run lean for only a couple of seconds before it shuts down. This is not good for the engine, but neither is the "revving like crazy" without stopping it. The revving is potentially more dangerous.

Sounds like you might want to do some research on ways to turn off the engine before running it much. (although you probably have already run it a lot more than I would have). Maybe even have a manual kill switch installed and well explained.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah then my Tors if Definitly broke because i drop my clutch alot ( holeshots ) and some wheelies, yeah i was gonna turn off the fuel but i was so Pi**ed by then i said screw it, If it would have messed something up i would have put my old engine in.... Thanks for the help though

Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

umm...just to throw this out there...put quad in 5th gear, hold rear brake...listen to motor stall =)

Old 01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmmmm

I wasn't suggesting you'd drop the clutch and it should kick in, but now we are learning more.

This is not the original engine. That's of importance. Along with that, what other mods were done when engine changed. and Why was it changed in the first place.

I'm interested in the Engine Stall approach too........

imsam77,..... What are we looking for? (especially curious due to the smiley at the end of suggestion)

Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

not to let the engine sit there and rev all day...kill it so it doesn't free load wide open, even with a rev limiter it is not good to leave happen...

he said "i took the key out, and it was still revving like crazy so i ran up to my house and sat and watched it"...just suggestion on how to stop the motor...i dunno

Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: imsam77

not to let the engine sit there and rev all day...kill it so it doesn't free load wide open, even with a rev limiter it is not good to leave happen...

he said "i took the key out, and it was still revving like crazy so i ran up to my house and sat and watched it"...just suggestion on how to stop the motor...i dunno</end quote></div>

My Mistake Sam, I thought you were directing him to do that for trouble shooting purposes. I couldn't understand why. I certainly understand now that killing the engine with a load would have been another way to Shut'r Down...

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lol my back brake is broke my friend! lmao this isnt my orig. engine, i had to switch engines cuz cracked case

Quick Reply: Yamaha Blaster Problem