Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 125 Secondary Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 125 Secondary Clutch

Hi Guys, I am new here, and was hoping someone would be able to tell me if this discovery is normal or not.

I was replacing the starter clutch on my son's 2005 Grizzly 125, when I noticed that the shaft the secondary clutch mounts to isn't rigid, which was not what I would expect. I was able to move the secondary around a little, almost like it was mounted on a swivel.

It looks like the shaft that goes through the secondary clutch protrudes into a bearing mounted to the inside of the CVT cover, so I am inclined to think the wobble is normal.

Does anyone know if this wobble is indeed normal?

Thanks

Old 07-05-2022, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGG
Hi Guys, I am new here, and was hoping someone would be able to tell me if this discovery is normal or not.

I was replacing the starter clutch on my son's 2005 Grizzly 125, when I noticed that the shaft the secondary clutch mounts to isn't rigid, which was not what I would expect. I was able to move the secondary around a little, almost like it was mounted on a swivel.

It looks like the shaft that goes through the secondary clutch protrudes into a bearing mounted to the inside of the CVT cover, so I am inclined to think the wobble is normal.

Does anyone know if this wobble is indeed normal?

Thanks
I have that same issue.... We're you able to resolve. I hope I don't need to take motor out and split the case to replace that bearing...

Old 07-07-2022, 02:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Thought someone who knows would have come in, but as they haven't. If a shaft is held between two ball race bearings, it is going to wiggle about if you take the bearing at one side away. How much is excessive, who knows? You could take the driven pulleys off and check for "lift" at the bearing itself, if you are worried that it may be worn.