Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blasty; fuel out pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blasty; fuel out pipe

Ok,

Kicked on the 01 beater blaster, fuel pours out the pipe, i took off the bolt to i guess the clutch/gear oil, a lot of fuel.. oil... poured out.

So it seems as if some needle is stuck or something... or maybe i just need a carb clean.. So, i talked to a mechanic, said something about if when you rev it, something about if it revs down, and something about if it revs down like : "WAH WAH- WAH -WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH".. and something about some seal that sounds serious...

So.... any ideas? I really hate to take it to someone, have them poke on it for an hour at $60+..

Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

It's probably your float valve in the carb is stuck which keeps letting fuel into the carb from the gas tank. It's supposed to have a drain tube out of the carb to help prevent this from happening (fuel just dumps out on the ground instead) but that tube passage may be stopped up too. I would start by cleaning the carb, making sure to pay special attention to the float valve.

Oh yeah and your crank seals are probably leaking because your fuel should never mix internally with the oil

Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

if your getting fuel in your clutch oil its more than likely a bad crankseal like raptor450 said if its the clutch side you just have to remove the clutch basket i believe

Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Your crank seals probably do need replacing, but the engine will run with leaky crank seals. I think if you get your fuel issues worked out, you could keep riding for a while and save the crank seals for a rainy day!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, 1st thing i'll start on the carb... sounds fun... i'll just start taking off bolts and see what i come with... take here inside...

maybe ill soak it in gas and see if i can burn it clean

Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

All you have to do is just loosen the carb enuff to turn it sideways so you can get the 4 screws off the bottom that hold the bowl on. Then you have 2 brass jets (main & pilot) then the float assembly(floats look like 2 pontoons). The suspect valve is the brass piece attached to the floats that moves up and down when the floats move up and down. Just be careful with the floats they have small pieces for the hinge that can be lost very easily. Dont forget to clean the bowl drain. No need to set anything on fire lol!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

So shall i just throw pieces in vinegar like a shower head? (600th) yipee

Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

No vinegar unless you have some hard water stains, but carb cleaner works great!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Cleaned the carb, used lots of carb cleaner, finally got the TORS off by simply twisting it off Now have fuel pouring out the carb, so i guess it's still flooding it, but it will run. Bad crankseal i'm pretty sure and somethings sticking in the carb.

Thanks fellas, should have her fixed.... sometime

Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

It's the float valve....while the carb is still bolted on, sometimes you can get it to unstick by tapping on the carb bowl with a blunt object, i usually use a screwdriver handle.

Quick Reply: blasty; fuel out pipe