Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4

I took my 2000 Kodiak 4x4 auto apart a out a year ago, more or less. Chasing pieces of a seal or gasket that came out of the oil plug during an oil change. Anyway, I am putting it back together and can't figure out where this goes. I have looked at schematics and can't find it. Both side covers were taken off, along with the middle drive gear and rear swingarm. I have no idea what it is, but sure would have a better peace of mind if I can put it where it goes! I'm about to just put everything back together and forget this piece! Here are all 3 views, there are no part numbers or ID of any type on it!

BTW, I never did find out where the green gasket material went, I just found a big piece of it at the drain hole.

Attached Thumbnails help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4-mystery-1.jpg   help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4-mystery-2.jpg   help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4-mystery-3.jpg  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

http://forums.atvconnection.com/yama...x4-2001-a.html

This thread detailed my initial problems when/why I tore it down. I have a new carburator, and a new piston/ring set to bore it .020 over. Got great deals on both, and I should basically have a brand new, upgraded engine when I finish it up next month. But I really need to figure out where this part goes, and wth it is!

Thanx in advance, again, Randy D

Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer

Can anyone ID this part? What the hell is it? Thanx!

Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

please............i need help.......

Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RandyD
I took my 2000 Kodiak 4x4 auto apart a out a year ago, more or less. Chasing pieces of a seal or gasket that came out of the oil plug during an oil change. Anyway, I am putting it back together and can't figure out where this goes. I have looked at schematics and can't find it. Both side covers were taken off, along with the middle drive gear and rear swingarm. I have no idea what it is, but sure would have a better peace of mind if I can put it where it goes! I'm about to just put everything back together and forget this piece! Here are all 3 views, there are no part numbers or ID of any type on it!

BTW, I never did find out where the green gasket material went, I just found a big piece of it at the drain hole.

Can anyone help me with this 2000/2001 Yamaha Kodiak YFM 400 4x4 mystery piece?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RandyD

Any idea what the black plastic spacer is?

Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Can yo tell us the size of this part? out side [OD] and the Inside [ID]?Did you take an rack off? Looks like an rack and fender spacer...

Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by papa hogg scoot
Can yo tell us the size of this part? out side [OD] and the Inside [ID]?Did you take an rack off? Looks like an rack and fender spacer...
1 1/2 inches wide and 3/8" thick. Piece is very clean, I have no idea. I really need to know what this is!

Thanx!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you know for sure it came off of your atv?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by papa hogg scoot
Do you know for sure it came off of your atv?
I had all the parts in two 1 gallon buckets. This was in the bucket when I went to reassemble. I don't know where ELSE it could have come from, but I sure can't figure out where it DID come from, lol.

Thanx!

Quick Reply: help me ID this mystery part, 2000 KODIAK 400 4x4