Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Maintenance stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance stuff

Got my first quad this past fall a 2011 Grizz 700 EPS, and now that spring is getting close I'm thinking about getting back to work on maintenance stuff. So couple questions...

1. What are some regular maintenance points that are done in the spring on these machines?

and

2. What are the regular maintenance points that are done every so many miles that I should look to do?

Other than changing out a torn CV boot and cleaning some crap out of the air intake foam in the fall I really haven't done anything to the Grizz. So not knowing its maintenance history I'm assuming it's due for everything...all fluids changed out etc.

Oh btw it's only got about 750 mi on it right now.

Thanks I'm all ears

Old 03-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Well if it is new to you and your not familiar with its history then I would do everything! Engine oil and filter, change out diff fluids and would recommend going synthetic on all of them. If liquid cooled, take a good look at the coolant and be sure there is no contamination in it. Clean the airfilter and just give a thorough inspection of everything. Make sure electrical connections are secure and no corrosion, especially on the battery. Any grease fittings? Jack it up and spin the wheels to see if they turn freely and make sure the bearings are good to go. If you are going to be anywhere near mud then get some cheap silicone spray for plastic and spray the underside of your machine to make cleanup so much easier....then...go have fun!