1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Screw in first pic is the idle adjustment...Second pic is the fuel screw and needs to have a spring on it...should be set between 1 and 2.5 turns out from seated...If its all the way in it cant let any fuel get past it....(it controls fuel from idle to approx 1/4 throttle)

Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will this spring work? its pretty stiff and its short enough i think. I got it off another carb. Also what about the throttle adjustment screw? it screws up and down by turning the top with yer fingers. How do I know where it should be set and thanks so much.

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-spring.jpg   HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-springs.jpg  
Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

It looks good to me.. if it fits in the hole I would use it...

The idle screw is not so easy to preset...i would back it off so it isnt touching and maybe turn it in a 1/2 turn to a full turn....if it wont idle turn it up and obviously if its racing when it starts turn it down...

Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

still no gas. if i put gas in the plug hole it tries to fires. it dont matter where the adjustment screw is set to. ive tried from 1 to 3 turns out and still no gas. The plug is dry. any other ideas? could the throttle adjustment be so far out that it would stop it from starting?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

i bought a new battery. still not getting gas. there is no gas filter unless im not seeing it but i dont think so. where inline is it suppose to be?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

You need to start by seeing if gas is coming out of the tank...disconnect the fuel line fron the carb and turn on the gas...Is it flowing? if not something is plugging the tank...if so..Have you ever cleaned the carb? If you havnt that is the next step..

Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default update

well i decided to pull the carb and i know know why it would not start! It must have set for a loooooooong time! The whole carb is gunked up with thick jelly like gas. looks like laquer. It is a bloody nightmare! arggggg

Old 08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

That must have sat over a year to do that..get yourself some carb cleaner and spray it thru all the holes of the carb...its best to remove the jets and the fuel screw to get those passages clean...nice if you have compressed air to blow thru the carb and jets after the carb cleaner..Its very important to not get the carb cleaner on anything that is rubber...if you do it will grow to about 3X its original size...

Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default update!

Carb is all clean inside and out including jet and mixtures screws etc. Amazingly all the rubber gaskets were still in good shape. oiled em up and heres some pictures. Just so I know I got it straight, i labeled screws and hopefully someone can tell me if i got them straight as to what goes where. Also i found another adjustment screw that I need ided please. Thanks so much for all the help! You people here are the cream of the crop!! also the lines. Do they just hang there like that? It just doesnt seem right lol

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-jets2.jpg   HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-jets7.jpg   HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-lines.jpg   HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-jet6.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I gotta admit...i have no idea what that screw does...does it have a spring on it?

As for the lines you can ty wrap them together somewhat, but yes they just hang down and let any gas that does spill end up below the engine...

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...