1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma Falcon Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon Help

Are there any upgrades for a Kazuma Falcon 110? We got one from Raceway last year and it is the perfect size for my son. He rides it great, but until he gains some body weight, I don't want to get him a bigger bike. His 110 will do 40 mph, but it is very slow getting there.

My son get very frustrated as his bike won't go up steep hills and he can't keep up when we are trail riding as his cimbs hills so slow.

I want to tweak it up some. Still has the stock spark plug. Will a better spark plug make a difference? Is there a pipe and muffler available for the 110 Kazuma? Is there a carb kit available? Any way to icrease the air flow? Anyother suggestions out there?

Raceway, I think you could make some money if you came up with an performance upgrade kit for 110's.

Thank you,
Teej6

Old 02-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

You should try changing the plug to a NGK. Your manual may have the numbers in it for this plug. My Falcon 250 had a Torch D7RTC plug in it. I replaced it with a NGK C7HSA plug. I wrote a setup guide for the Falcon 250 for USA-ATV's and am working on doing manuals for other bikes. Get back to me if you want me to email the falcon 25o manual to you. It has tips on getting the engine to run better. I also modified the muffler and gained a bit more power without making it sound obnoxious or too loud. The principals in the 250 setup guide will be the same as the 110, just the locations of adjustable items will be different.

i8amm

Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

I would appreciate you sending me that to look at.To me, the Kazuma 110 looks identical to the old Honda trail 90 engine. As noone I know of makes carb kits for these Kazumas, would a Honda 90 carb fit and would it be jetted better?

Thank you,
Teej

Old 02-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure what the carb is on your bike. The Falcon 250 has a Keihin Carb like they used on the Honda scooters and some Honda and Kawasaki motorcycles. Rather than giving the bike direct throttle the slide valve inside the carb is controlled by the amount of vacuum at the intake side of the carb. That's why most of these units are a bit sluggish off the line. These carbs were meant to be a middle line between a regular carb and fuel injection. You get better gas mileage but sacrifice power. I just ordered a Mikuni flat slide carb for mine to try it out. I went with the recommended size for a Honda 250 4 stoke. I'll have to change the throttle cable and possible modify the intake but it should work. I'm pretty certain it should just slide into the intake as the Mikuni carbs are made as direct replacements or improvements for the Keihins. Dennis Kirk has many models, including ones that would work with a 90 or 110 cc bike. They are great with questions should you call or email them. It's not something they can look up but they can find out what carb would go on something like a honda 90 or 100 and match up a twist throttle kit or replacement cable to go from the thumb throttle to the slide valve. I paid around 150 for mine but I could have gone with a round slide for abour $95. There is another thread about Kazuma power improvements that is pretty recent. I posted how to modify the muffler on that thread should you want to look what I did. Dennis kirk also has 8 inch rims for the 3 x 100mm hubs for around $26. I ordered two and a set of lower profile tires for mine. They are even 1.5 inches wider so it will increase the stability of the atv. If you go with a smaller diameter tire and a flat tread like a Carlisle turf tamer you can increase the power to the wheels, you'd be giving up some top end speed though.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got a Kazuma Baby Falcon 110 for my son this past Christmas. I would like to also see that manual you are creating if it is possible.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

I just updated it last night with some more loose bolt and part findings and some pics. Like I mentioned earlier it's for a Falcon 250 but a lot of the principals are the same. I'd be happy to send it I just need your email address and it's there. You can send it to me via a private message if you wish.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, the email address is cesar@davila.net

Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kazumas suck and arent worth the money because they are crap and you cant find parts or aftermarket parts. Dont ever waste your time. You will be spending to much and dumb crap with those atvs you"ll wish you hadnt baght it

Old 03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

I Just bought a falcon 90 and a falcon 150 from these guys out in Oange CA. Not only did they have a ton of parts stocked but they sold me a awesome pipe and uni-filter for my falcon 110 that I have had for about a year. I have always gone to them for parts and service and they have never let me down. if you want contact info for them just let me know.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

I think Kamakaze bought one of these thinking he knew how to turn a wrench and found out he was as good at that as he is at spelling. Only 14 posts, come on, if you didn't know what you were doing why didn't you ask for help instead of bashing the ATV. Which model did you buy anyway? Are you too embarassed to admit you bought a 90cc model for yourself and couldn't figure out how to start it or put it in gear. Give everyone the full story on your experience if you want them to believe your bashing and ranting about how the Kazuma's are no good. I've bought plenty of aftermarket parts that bolted right on to my Falcon 250. This includes, wheels, tires, carb, air filter, twist throttle, chain, suspension and exhaust. Once again, Kamakaze, what's the model that you had issues with. I bet I could give you aftermarket parts numbers for whatever you are looking for. Or at least crossover models that the parts would transfer from. Here's some examples, front springs from a Honda 400/450ex will fit directly onto the shocks for the Kazuma 110, 150 and 250, Mikuni carb (either 32 or 34mm/flat or roundslide) will bolt directly onto the Falcon 250, Uni Foam pod filter #30-862 will bolt directly onto the stock or Mikuni carbs, ITP 10 inch rims with 21 x 7 x 10 Bridgestone Dirt hook tires bolted on stock 3 bolt front hubs, AMS 8 inch rims with 20 x 11 x 8 Carlisle turf tamers bolted onto stock 3 bolt rear hubs and DG muffler/spark arrestor with 2 3/16 holes drilled into gusset and flange for spring mounting. Once again tell all of us what your problems were/are and what you were looking to do. Unless it's mounting training wheels on a 4 wheeler there are plenty of people that could have helped you out before you posted your bashing tirade about how Kazuma's are no good. Give us the full story Kamakaze.

i8amm

Proud owner of a 2006 Redcat Falcon 250 that spanks both 400ex and 450ex Honda 4 wheelers/ATV's in the trails. Don't even think about coming back about top end speed because that doesn't mean squat when you're on the track and most 125 dirt bikes will outrun larger CID (cubic inch displacement, FYI) quads. That's my $2000 investment including oil, antifreeze, 3 helmets, 2 pair of goggles, 2 NGK spark plugs, 4 rims and tires, rear wheel extensions, carb, 2 air filters, front springs, twist throttle kit, handlebar brush guards, spair chain and link, chain lube, air filter oil and cleaning kit, valve stems, lowering kit, gear oil and 10 gallons of gas. Compare that to $6000 and $7000 stock atv's that I spank in the trails and get double or more the gas mileage. Let us not forget that my Kazuma starts up in seconds and is ready to run right away compared to the multiple starts of the Honda units and the warm up time till they can even look at the throttle without their units stalling out.

Quick Reply: Kazuma Falcon Help