1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Any reviews of the 07 Jetmoto 150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Any reviews of the 07 Jetmoto 150?

Originally posted by: outofline
Is the sprocket something that can be bought locally at a motorcycle dealer or is it a specific Jetmoto part? Im guessing no shorting of the chain would be needed to do this?
The sprocket will be available from Jetmoto for anyone who buys a 250. The chain is ridiculously tight as delivered and the smaller sprocket will help this.

One thing I noticed about the 250, and I would think the 150 and 200 have it also. It uses a sealed gel type battery. Im not going to miss filling batteries with electrolite at all. You can also tell that some one else is making the electrical connections. Much nicer plug in style ends.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you get the feeling this battery will be better then all the other Chinese batteries that everyone advises to just replace at set up? So the gear is not a universal type fit that can be bought anywhere?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Range Rover

Chopper, you own both a 06 and an 07 Jetmoto 150? How would say the 07 preforms against the 06? Is the revers shifter in the way of your leg while riding, it looks like it may be?
Would you say the 07 feels close in build quality to a big 4 quad? Do you prefer the new revers trans over the block on the rear axle?
The 07 is a much improved quad. The revo box a big improvement, it does have a neutral (I think is a great addition). I am short so the lever is not in my way. I feel with the new shocks and frame Jetmoto is getting very close to the big 4.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Do you get the feeling this battery will be better then all the other Chinese batteries that everyone advises to just replace at set up? So the gear is not a universal type fit that can be bought anywhere?
I am still using my stock Jetmoto batteries. They are about 10 mos old now. Time will tell on the new style battery. I do know it costs a little more than the other battery, so it should last longer. If I were to guess I would think a sprocket off a early 80's Yamahe would work. Ill compare it to my honda sprockets later today.

Chopper400ex, Does it roll easilly in neutral?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

Yes it rolls just as easy as the 250s, and 200s.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Chopper, are you pleased with the power of the new 150? You seem to be the first to have one thats talking up. what color did you buy?

Old 02-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

I think this Jetmoto 150 could be just the quad for my 10 year old son, who has been riding a heavily modified Raptor 80 since he was 5. Check out my pix. I could put him on a 250 Phoenix or Can-Am Rally, but I think they are too heavy, and the Can-Am is a little tippy. He has ridden everything, even a Hawkeye, but I am concerned about the weight. At 314 lbs and 43" wide this little Jetmoto 150 could be just the thing for my 80 lb son. Is there an electronic speed control like I am seeing on a lot of new minis? I find it incredible that adults are riding these by the way. The new CPSC age guidelines are going to allow this type of ATV for kids as long as they are speed controlled.

My older son wants me to stick a different engine in the Raptor 80, since we did so much work to the chassis and suspension, widening it by 10 inches, with full Works shocks, increasing travel from 2" to 7". It was in ATV Action back in Sept of 2002. But the boy wants reverse, and an automatic transmission.....I understand, my new Renegade is going to make my DS jealous.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

MWS,
I talked with John and he told me that a larger "rear" sprocket was available for anyone who bought the 250. I agree that the chain is tight and I wouldnt be able to fit a larger rear without extending the chain. A smaller front would be a much better solution. I do agree that the 250 needs to be geared down. As it is 4th gear is nearly useless, since you need to be going about 50+ mph to use 4th or it will lug. A lower 1st and 2nd will help low speed climbing.
Can you verify that a smaller front is available vice a larger rear?
Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 04:15 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Quadster1
MWS,
I talked with John and he told me that a larger "rear" sprocket was available for anyone who bought the 250. I agree that the chain is tight and I wouldnt be able to fit a larger rear without extending the chain. A smaller front would be a much better solution. I do agree that the 250 needs to be geared down. As it is 4th gear is nearly useless, since you need to be going about 50+ mph to use 4th or it will lug. A lower 1st and 2nd will help low speed climbing.
Can you verify that a smaller front is available vice a larger rear?
Thanks
I know that a 15 tooth front sprocket is available because its the same as the 200 Enduro. A 14 comes on the '06 200 quad also but that might be to small. Or real good for slow trail riding.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I just ordered two 150 sport Jetmotos. I am a Polaris, Suzuki and Can-Am dealer, and am quite frankly dissapointed with their offerings in this segment. They are way too heavy for one thing. The Phoenix and Rally are 50 lbs heavier than a Z-400, as are most of the quads in this technically challenged segment. So I am going to try JetMoto and see what they are like. As I am out here in Silver City New Mexico, there isn't much chance of me seeing one of these without buying one, so I am going to take the plunge.

Does anyone have any experience with these at altitude? We are at 6,000 ft elevation and rejetting is pretty much a given. I understand that these have Japanese carburators, so that should be a really big plus.
Our Polaris Phoenix's have given us fits with thier weird chinese carburators. We have actually soldered and redrilled some of these jets to get them to run up here.

Quick Reply: Any reviews of the 07 Jetmoto 150?