1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma 150 Dingo starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 Dingo starting problems

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out with my starting problem on my Kazuma 150? The machine will start after a while (with a whole bunch of cranking), but will not stay idleing. As soon as you give it soem gas it dies. I took the carb apart and blew every oriface I could find out with high presure air . I put it back together and still have the same problem . If I disconect the air intake hose and cover the intake hole on the crab with my hand , I can get it to run, but it won't stay running as soon as I take my hand off . Is there any way to check if the electric choke is working properly??

Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm by no means an expert on quad engines, but I've read that 150cc engines are notorious for cracks developing in the rubber intake elbow between the carburetor and the engine. The classic test is to spray carb cleaner around the intake manifold area while the engine is running. Any change in engine speed indicates an air leak. Often these cracks cannot be seen with casual inspection.

I don't think compressed air alone will open up clogged up jets. You need to probe them with a fine wire.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

go to oregonvintage.com for starters and get yourself some larger jets for that carb. it is not the choke. I have two of these for 4 years and since that change it has never happened again. john at raceway also sold a 2 piece kit main jet and pilot jet but not sure anymore but keep looking. They are cheap and you will be happy!
Tim

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

newbie, did you ever figure out the problem? i'm having EXACT issue! please help, tom

Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Guys, clean your carb good! every hole with carb cleaner, then compressed air. You have to take the whole carb apart, every screw. Except the floats. Then, take a sewing needle and clean the jets, every tiny little hole and spray it out with compressed air. You have to make sure all your fuel lines are cleaned out too. When you put it all back together, hold the throttle all the way down while starting it. When it tries to start, no more throttle. you can also take the hose off your fuel shut off, then with the hose off, make sure fuel is coming out of the valve. Mine worked so good it snapped my rear tire off, from the torque. If your battery ever dies, charge it off your car with jumper cables.let me know, theres a few more tricks