1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

help diagnose stator

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure what my atv is but fender says 108 atv motorcycle it is a youth 4 wheeler, my connection to the rectifier broke and i put single connections to hook wires to the four prongs how ever I lost track of what color went wher and I have 2 yellows 1 green and 1 blue white comeing from stator, please help

Old 02-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Could you please send me a copy of your book Lynn Edwards? My e-mail is magic_in_my_words@yahoo.com. I have a Kazuma Redcat 250cc, water cooled

Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 AM

Good day.
Just want to say that i learn alot in two weeks about quads by just reading this site.
I however have a problem and would like your expert help with it.
i bought a 70cc quad with no name on it, i tried running it, the problem i don`t have a spark.
the following are ok, tested the killswitch,its fine, i have compression, i have fuel. i tried to test the stator magneto but see that i don`t have ac faults suppling the rectifier also the ohms between the two wires (yellow and white to ground are the same).
the other coil does have an ohmic resistance of round about 350 ohms. i believe that the fault must be from the stator magneto.
please help me fix this problem. the red and black wire from stator to cdi have no volts/supply.
the cdi is a five wire connection.

i thank you.
Collin

Old 11-11-2015, 04:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default GSMoon XYST260

Good Day All.

My Dad owns the above mentioned ATV built by Xingyue Group Co. Ltd.

I have two other possible names: Linhai 260 2 RM and 260cc Roadbuster.

I have problems starting the quad; unsure if it could be the regulator, cdi, etc.?

We had issues with the starter coil and after replacing a few; we started to cover the auto transformer (a.k.a coil feeding the spark plug) with silicone in order not to get dampness in the coil which leads to cracking; we also tried to fix the coil securely to frame via heat sink to keep its temperature down.

Now we presume this is not the fault, but something else. Does anyone have proposals and or wiring diagrams which may assist?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2015, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I don't know about the 260cc version but the 150 had normal AC CDI ignition and parts/instruction books for it were on the net. Go through the tests, firstly checking if you have a spark. These cheap Chinese ignition parts do give trouble, luckily they are cheap to replace.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thx merryman; any info u come across appreciated; we will 1st check for spark.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default baja 250 u quad dies when hot no spark??

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
You have no loom at all? Or do you have a hacked loom that needs to be fixed?

Wiring up a whole quad is a *very* big project. Almost always it is easier to fix a hacked loom then make a new one from scratch.

250cc engines usually use the 6 pin CDI, but then the next question is whether this CDI is good or not. Where did you get it? And is it DC powered or AC powered? Do you know? (They look identical, so just looking at it won't help). All this needs to be resolved to go forward...

You'll definately need a good meter to proceed... .

If you look at the wires coming out of your stator area through the engine cover, how many wires are there, and what are the colors?
I also havwe a baja 250 quad from what I can gather it is a loncin also but I have a seven wire three plug cdi. Would not start at all until I replaced cdi but it still dies after running for about two minutes. Has no spark at this time. All the test I can find says the stator is good but the test I find do not apply to a seven wire cdi. Does anyone know how to test this cdi and stator properly?

Old 01-14-2019, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Marlon V Smith
I also havwe a baja 250 quad from what I can gather it is a loncin also but I have a seven wire three plug cdi. Would not start at all until I replaced cdi but it still dies after running for about two minutes. Has no spark at this time. All the test I can find says the stator is good but the test I find do not apply to a seven wire cdi. Does anyone know how to test this cdi and stator properly?
I have the 400 version, same 7 plug design. I've traced it down to the stator, the section that powers the cdi has been burnt up. I've having a heck of a time finding a new stator, I think I e found one that matches but will need old plugs wired onto it, it's for a Yamaha. Google this, it's on aliexpress 'PARTSABCD Stator For Yamaha ATV Warrior 350 YFM350 2002-2004 Magneto' and have a look for yourself.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm new here and have never worked on Chinese atv's before. I bought a non-running '08 SUNL 110cc (4-wire CDI box, for my grand kids. The previous owner had stripped the frame, even the manufacturer labels, to paint the frame a different color, per child's request. It has all the switch wires, switches aren't even labeled, unplugged and some of the transmission wires appear crossed at the connector. Even the red/black power wire from the stator doesn't continue to the CDI box past the connector. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this atv that has a 4-wire CDI box configuration? I can see that the orange rectangular, 3-way switch is for turn signals and the yellow switch is for the horn but I'm not sure about the round orange 2-position switch and the red 2-position switch, or their wires. They're both 3-terminal switches but there are only 5 wires to connect, not 6 wires. I'm waiting on a new ignition switch that's ordered to replace the 3-wire ignition switch.Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Larry C.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Chinese 110cc no spark. DC CDI

I got this quad for free last week. It has no spark. I’ve been reading through this thread and I haven’t seen anything about what the reading should be coming out of the CDI to the coil on the black/yellow wire??

4 pin DC CDI. I have checked all the wires on the CDI and I’m getting key on 12V to the black wire on bottom right corner, good ground to the green in bottom left corner, good pulse from the blue/white in the top left corner, and I’m only showing .5V AC on the black/yellow wire coming out to the coil.

No spark and the only other things I think it could be would be the CDI is bad or the Ignition coil is bad??? Any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

Quick Reply: help diagnose stator