help diagnose stator - Page 5 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im not sure what my atv is but fender says 108 atv motorcycle it is a youth 4 wheeler, my connection to the rectifier broke and i put single connections to hook wires to the four prongs how ever I lost track of what color went wher and I have 2 yellows 1 green and 1 blue white comeing from stator, please help
Old 02-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Could you please send me a copy of your book Lynn Edwards? My e-mail is [email protected]. I have a Kazuma Redcat 250cc, water cooled
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good day.
Just want to say that i learn alot in two weeks about quads by just reading this site.
I however have a problem and would like your expert help with it.
i bought a 70cc quad with no name on it, i tried running it, the problem i don`t have a spark.
the following are ok, tested the killswitch,its fine, i have compression, i have fuel. i tried to test the stator magneto but see that i don`t have ac faults suppling the rectifier also the ohms between the two wires (yellow and white to ground are the same).
the other coil does have an ohmic resistance of round about 350 ohms. i believe that the fault must be from the stator magneto.
please help me fix this problem. the red and black wire from stator to cdi have no volts/supply.
the cdi is a five wire connection.

i thank you.
Collin
Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Default GSMoon XYST260

Good Day All.

My Dad owns the above mentioned ATV built by Xingyue Group Co. Ltd.

I have two other possible names: Linhai 260 2 RM and 260cc Roadbuster.

I have problems starting the quad; unsure if it could be the regulator, cdi, etc.?

We had issues with the starter coil and after replacing a few; we started to cover the auto transformer (a.k.a coil feeding the spark plug) with silicone in order not to get dampness in the coil which leads to cracking; we also tried to fix the coil securely to frame via heat sink to keep its temperature down.

Now we presume this is not the fault, but something else. Does anyone have proposals and or wiring diagrams which may assist?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2015, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about the 260cc version but the 150 had normal AC CDI ignition and parts/instruction books for it were on the net. Go through the tests, firstly checking if you have a spark. These cheap Chinese ignition parts do give trouble, luckily they are cheap to replace.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thx merryman; any info u come across appreciated; we will 1st check for spark.