1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

"New" Kazuma Meerkat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread has swerved more on and off topic than a drunken fool out on New Year's Eve.

In keeping up the spirit of these cheap as MIC atvs, where do you find cheap *** replacement tires and how much cheaper are they then good ones? For dirt, how much difference is there between them, performance and price? I'd have no problem paying up for good ones if they don't cost a huge difference and offer noticeable performance gain. After two years both the 150 and 200 have lost a lot of traction.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
One of a few 250EX ATVs within 1 hour drive from me:

2007 Honda 250 ex - $1950 (Norwalk,Iowa)

Date: 2009-12-14, 6:26PM CST
Reply to: sale-kmtrt-1510364072@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am selling a 2007 Honda 250ex for 1950 or best offer. This a great starter four wheeler for a kid that wants to start riding. It runs and drives great. The only problems that it has wrong with it is that the plastic is scratched up a bit but other wise than that it is a great four wheeler. If interested you can email me at d_rus@hotmail.com or feel free to give me a call on my cell phone at 641-780-2410.

As for the tires.....mine look ALOT different.....here is what my tread pattern looks like.

Kinda blurry....but you get the idea.

Goes like hell in the snow and doesnt do damn bad in the mud either. Since this picture Ive scored some used 80% tread Dunlop KT331s for the front.

These are usually about $60 each......I bought the set with 80% tread for $50 on Craigslist......my front were bad enough I had to let off the throttle to steer - thats no longer a problem.

Well thats not too far off the price up here I guess. I paid $2500 which is a real good price up here as most want over $3K for 04-05 model. But I did have to put some tires on the back.

As for your rear tires I know the style. I actually could have bought some of those but they wanted around $120 each. I figured the knobby tire would be better as I had a set like yours (different brand) on my TRX 250 Originally. The tread never wore down much the tires just rotted and cracked over time.

On the topic of tires, I was quading today with guys with big 4x4's and aftermarket tires and rims. Ahhh lets just say that they have tad bit of $$$$ invested in big tires and rims!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by windtrader
This thread has swerved more on and off topic than a drunken fool out on New Year's Eve.

In keeping up the spirit of these cheap as MIC atvs, where do you find cheap *** replacement tires and how much cheaper are they then good ones? For dirt, how much difference is there between them, performance and price? I'd have no problem paying up for good ones if they don't cost a huge difference and offer noticeable performance gain. After two years both the 150 and 200 have lost a lot of traction.
What sizes are you running on the back of the 200? I take it the 150 had what my 150 came with?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

What sizes are you running on the back of the 200? I take it the 150 had what my 150 came with?
I am pretty sure we have the same tires. I got the 150 two years ago and it was newer style that year. Tires are the same on both the 150 and 200. The 250 has bigger tires.

On principle I can't pay 60-120 for a tire when I can get a car tire for that. Something is wrong with that. I've seen some at Walmart but they did not look so good. Most mail order places sell name brand tires like ITP and such; plus big $$$. Got a chinese ATV, gotta keep the spirit, cheap tires, cheap DIY fixes, no dropping $$ into the thing thinking you are hopping it up. Main jet upgrade is fine.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
For example, what would you consider an adult Chinese ATV; This liquid cooled 300cc?

From the looks of it, something like this is 2 grand brand new. I just don't see why anyone would EXPECT this to compete with a $4000-7000 new comparable Honda, Kawi, Yami or otherwise? $2K vs. say $6K.

Joel
Well Id have to sit on it to decide if its a adult quad...but I guess if its 250cc's and larger its a adult quad.

A lot of people do think that... and a lot of Chinese sellers hype that kind of thought..

Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

But the folks couldn't stop laughing when someone said, "The Japanese are gonna make motorcycles better than those from Europe (Britian, Germany, Italy, etc.)" A few years later all they were breathing was from Japanese bikes who were smoking them on every track they raced.

Again, only ten years ago or less, who wouldn't let out a howl if you said a Hundai or Kia was seriously a car that a previous luxury car owner would consider. It is true today. These Korean brands are now beating Japanese in the consumer reports. It is no laughing matter.

Actually I remember when the Hundai's first came out over here. I worked on Hundai's too when I was an Auto tech years back. They were a cheaper car thats for sure. Now though you are right the I think have one of the best warranties. But they are not cheap anymore either!
They were just scared.. Im really laughing. China has been at if for decades in their own country and selling here for almost 10 years... look around.. stuff is getting worse not better and importers are closing..

Maybe Korea should start making ATV's?

I hear that Jetmoto is no longer selling quads, only parts...havnt confirmed it yet but will be calling them tomorrow...

Old 12-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's fine with me that this thread went to where it did. I'm learning allot from people who have experience with quad/ATV's and opinions go a really long way.

It's helped me decide on what to do. For my young son, he can get started with the little Meerkat. My older son will get something with a proven track record, better technology and availability of parts and services. If my yungin' stays with it, he can move up to something better too.

I've been doing allot of "research" on these Chinese quads. What I've seen so far is, there may be many reliable CQ's out there but, the one thing that many of them have in common is, the companies have no parts. That and the companies seem to have a limited life span. As I mentioned before, the first one I saw was a Sundiro 90cc. I read past reviews from owners and they said it was great. Problem is now, the company folded and there, as far as I can find, are no parts.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Geoff_NJ
It's fine with me that this thread went to where it did.

I'm learning allot from people who have experience with quad/ATV's and opinions go a really long way.
Thats good cuz it will save me a lot of time editing..

Thats what were here for.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Code:
Maybe Korea should start making ATV's? :)

I hear that Jetmoto is no longer selling quads, only parts...havnt  confirmed it yet but will be calling them tomorrow...                  		  		  		                   		 		 			 				__________________
I guess they graduated past the atv step and went right for cars. You did get me wondering if there are any coming from there and it seems not so. Kymco is the closest but that comes from Taiwan.

I'd not be surprised at all about Jetmoto. There website has gone stale long ago and I don't see how they would be any more immune from the crush of this economy on them. One thing about Jetmoto was they were quite good about support so I am pleased that parts is still viable for them.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Well. Here ya go MWQ. China says screw trying to make better ATVs than Japan... we gonna make the fastest bullet train service on Earth.

And California can't even get it's act together to build a "high speed" train doing a 100 to get between LA and SF in 35 hours.

China IS kicking ***, anyone who denies it is gonna get run over and buried.

China unveiled what it touted as the fastest rail link in the world on Saturday, the Agence France Presse reported.
The train will run between the cities of Guangzhou and Wuhan. At an average speed of 217 miles per hour, the high-speed train reduces the 664 mile ride from ten and a half hours to just three hours, an official Xinhua news agency said, according to AFP.
Construction on the rail link began in 2005. The idea was to connect Guangzhou, a business hub in southern China near Hong Kong, with the capital Beijing, Xinhua said, according to AFP.
"The train can go (217 miles) per hour, it's the fastest train in operation in the world," Zhang Shuguang, head of the transport bureau at the railways ministry, told Xinhua, AFP reported.
Japan's high-speed trains operate at 150 miles per hour, while in France they run at an average speed of 172 miles an hour.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...=Google+Reader

And this one describing the sale of Saab and Volvo to China car makers. It is happening now.
http://blogs.reuters.com/columns/200...its-auto-game/

Quick Reply: "New" Kazuma Meerkat