1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Eagle 110cc ATV With Loncin Engine Questions... Timing Issue????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 110cc ATV With Loncin Engine Questions... Timing Issue????

Hi guys.Newbie here..I have a Eagle 110cc atv with the Loncin 110cc engine on it.I'm having some issues with it and could really use some expert advice(BESIDES buy a Honda)lol.
It's been real cold natured on start up and after you finally get it running it has like a timing pop to it.Even after warm up it runs better with the choke on,If you turn the choke off it kinda hesitates,pops and dies..This happens no matter what the carb adjustments are(It's a new carb).
It started out just cold natured start up with some hesitation and popping during use but has gotten worse as described above and will not idle now no matter what you do to it.
Is it timing?Or maybe the valves need to be adjusted?
Does it have a timing adjuster on it?Or am I COMPLETELY off and it's something else.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi bdf15037 and welcome to the forum.

Is the OEM spark plug still in it? My son's Tao Tao 110, also Loncin engine, started acting like this just after break in. Replacing the OEM plug with an Autolite 4194 gaped .0027" -.0028" cured the problem. You can also use a NGK C7HSA gaped the same.

Another common problem from the factory with these is fuel system. Every thing from shavings in the fuel tank blocking the pick up to missing O rings on the intake manifold. I'd start with a good inspection and carb cleaning.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nimadd
Hi bdf15037 and welcome to the forum.

Is the OEM spark plug still in it? My son's Tao Tao 110, also Loncin engine, started acting like this just after break in. Replacing the OEM plug with an Autolite 4194 gaped .0027" -.0028" cured the problem. You can also use a NGK C7HSA gaped the same.

Another common problem from the factory with these is fuel system. Every thing from shavings in the fuel tank blocking the pick up to missing O rings on the intake manifold. I'd start with a good inspection and carb cleaning.

Hope this helps.

Nick
Nick,
It's an older 4 wheeler that sat for awhile,I put the NGK plug in it a few days ago.The guy I bought from said it had a new carb and it looks new but I never pulled it off to inspect it.I left it at a friends house and he ran it out of gas.I bet you're right about it being stopped up because other than a slight little bit of hesitation the problems of it missing,popping and not being able to adjust it in any way to make it run didn't happen until after he put gas in it and his daughter rode it around for a few minutes.
Thanks for your input,you've been a big help.I have another carb I'll put on it and see if it fixes it.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a plan; keep us posted.

Good luck