1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

BMX 110cc ATV won't start - brand new!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMX 110cc ATV won't start - brand new!

This ATV is driving me nuts. I can't get it to start. I've checked the spark plug and it is getting fire. I've sprayed ether into the air cleaner hose (it goes directly to the carb from what I can see). It will start and slow idle for 2 seconds or so then stop. I've got the choke open and can smell gas. It has been cold here so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I've read about adjusting the "needle" which I'm not sure how to do. I see the little plastic ring that screws to the top of the carb and I "think" that's where the needle is but not sure. I'm afraid if I pull it apart I won't get it back together. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to working on small engines so any help and / or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb adjustment

You will notice there are 2 small flat head screws that can be turned only so much. You will have to play with the adjustments on both. One is air the other being fuel. You have to have the proper ratio for a steady idle. Once you start getting something that sounds like it is trying to start you are close. When you get to this point make sure you don't start turning the screws too much. Small minuet adjustments. I had the same problem. It took me about 20 minutes to get a nice steady idle. Make sure that the idle isn't really high. Just good enough to keep it from dying.

This sticky should help!
http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...-sunl-etc.html