1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

chinese quad, no spark

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark

I have a 2007 110cc gio atv four stroke. I was given it by a friend who said it had been sitting a while but ran before. The rear kill switch seems to be sketchy at best. Ět appears broken when I take the black cap off. The front kill switch on the handle bar by the brake allows me to roll the motor over in either location. I've disconnected the cdi kill switch wire but still have no spark. I tried doing the tests. I'm not certain I'm doing them right lol. Is there a test for the coil? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark

So I pulled the kill switch wire. .. Nothing. Replaced the cdi... Nothing. Replaced the coil.. Nothing. I went thru the entire harness, eliminated all of the redundant plugs and permanently attached all the wires where I could. I went thru it from front to back. Nothing! Is there a test for the stator? I'm thinking that's all that's left??

Old 10-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

I am with the guy above.
did the cdi wire thing....no spark.
I had extra new parts so I installed a new ci,coil and starter relay.I still cannot get the button to start the engine so I cross the starter relay contacts and it will turn over.STILL no spark to the plug.
I will assume,stator/pickup coil is all that's left?

Old 10-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Range Rover

found my issue,ground from the stator was unplugged and the body was hiding it. Because this is the smaller 110's,i decided to try n fix it w the body still on.I learned my lesson. body comes off and every connection unplugged and checked.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

my black/red and blue/white wire coming from stator is only showing 9 volt<both the same> , I also have no spark, im assuming I have a bad stator from this low voltage issue correct?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got but goes away???

Hiya I kinda hopping I can get some help with my little boys quad?,, sorry for my spellings!
Right I think it's a licon 50cc
It's got an remote electric start/alarm on it, with handle bar on/off kill switch.
Had it for a couple years now always been fine, but now I get a spark and then it goes away! If I leave it for abit and try again I get a spark and then it goes away again?!
I've changed the plug, cdi unit, coil
And still the same?, just don't know why it's there for a thew seconds then gos to nothing???
Please can someone Help me

Old 01-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Range Rover

I would save all of the old parts and start checking the switches, starting with the one on the handlebars. That means you will have to by pass the switch because as you said it "but now I get a spark and then it goes away! If I leave it for abit and try again I get a spark and then it goes away again?!". That is what I would do, but because of the way that the forum has turned I don't give advice much anymore because of the Rude remarks and the stupid remedies people reply with, knowing that they don't know what they are talking about OR trying to Frustrate the person asking the question.. You have a simple problem. Don't start throwing money at it.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a coolster 125 with no spark. I disconnected the kill switch wire then got out my DVOM. I did resistance tests on the ac ignition power circuit, 452 ohms. Then the timing trigger circuit, 119 ohms. And the ignition coil .8 ohms. The ground has .1 ohms. I then did ac voltage checks. Ac ignition power 49 volts. Timing trigger .133 volts. The ignition coil has 0.0 volts. I'm thinking its the CDI unit. Any help or confirmation on my finding would be great. Sorry about beating a dead horse!

Old 01-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

Look at the beginning of this thread. Lynn Edwards has covered most of the electrical. If I was guessing I would say it was a bad CDI, because that is the weak part of these bikes. Click on my name and read all of my posts. You will be able to see my experience with the CDIs.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark issue

Hi and thank you in advance with any help.
I have a Tao Tao 107cc quad I inherited. Wiring is sprawled out. 5 pin Cid. Identical to the one shown in your thread. Followed the step by step directions.
step 1-.574M ohms
step 2-120.8 ohms
step 3-2.5 to 3 vac
step 4- .28 acv
Cid test a- 1.5M ohms
test b-all 0's
Also noticed coil has 0 resistance.

Quick Reply: chinese quad, no spark