1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

giovanni 250cc bad boy atv solenoid vibrating whin i try to start and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy giovanni 250cc bad boy atv solenoid vibrating whin i try to start and wont start

my badboy wont start the solenoid is ticking vibrating and it wont turn the starter over is it busted the solenoid on my other bike is busted too but i can short that one out and start it but this one wont even do that.the wort thing is i caint even push this bike to start it the rear end is different then my other one i can push the other one and dump the cluch to start. i need help this bike is two years old and dont run.full wire diagram would help e mail it to me i caint find one youngcory1984@yahoo.ca

Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I would guess that your battery is dead. Jump it to your car and see if the buzzing goes away and the quad cranks.

A dead battery often puts out voltage, and puts out enough current to barely engage the starter solenoid. But the instant the solenoid hooks up the starter motor the *huge* load the starter motor puts on the battery caused the battery voltage to collapse to near zero. The battery voltage drops to the point that the solenoid releases, the now unloaded battery voltage comes back up, the solenoid closes again and the cycle repeats at dozens of times per second - hence the buzz you report.

I don't have a wiring diagram for this quad.

If you jump the quad and get it running you need to check the charging system to make sure it is recharging the battery else this will be an ongoing problem.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250cc gio

i have jumped it to my other bike and the clicking and viberating got louder and still didint turn over well actually it did turn over but only once and then the clicking and buzzing started

Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It could also be a bad connection. If one one of the connections down to the starter motor (or the ground return) is bad then the same buzzing could happen. Use a meter and measure the voltage right on the battery terminals. If it stays at 12 volts while the buzzing is happening then you have a bad connection. Let is buzz for 5 seconds or so, then quickly feel each connection from the battery to the starter and back via the ground return. A bad connection will get hot.

If the battery voltage drops below 11 volts while the buzzing is going on then your battery is discharged.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 25o gio bad boy

i got the starter and solenoid problem kinda solved but a new problem has been found something is grinding. the starter turns and with the plug out the motor turns over lots of compression and spark but with the plug in something starts grinding and it stops turning over i looked at the gears they look fine im going to look at the fly wheel now im just wondering if that is slipping