1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Panther 110XL Bogging Down

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Panther 110XL Bogging Down

Happy Fourth, Guys! God Bless America! I just bought this little 2006 (used) Panther for my grandson to play with but need some help with carb adjustments? I read the cool sticky on carb adjusting but wanted to be sure I'm doing the right things. The little dude starts and runs fine at idol but bogs down when i snap open the throttle. It will take off if i pull the choke out about half way and leave it there?? Is it runnig too lean? Should I adjust the slid needle? Up or down? Thanks for all your help! This is a cool site!
Beercan_22
Oh....I put in a new plug, changed the oil and filled with new premium gas. Still have the same problem.

Last edited by Beercan_22; 07-05-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Left off stuff.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Beercan_22!

Yes its lean... turning the fuel screw out will richen the mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle or so..but you might need a larger pilot jet... or you could drill yours out if youve got a 60-80 drill set..

As a side note very few 4 strokes respond to snapping the throttle open... most like it rolled on..

Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Welcome to the forum Beercan_22!

Yes its lean... turning the fuel screw out will richen the mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle or so..but you might need a larger pilot jet... or you could drill yours out if youve got a 60-80 drill set..

As a side note very few 4 strokes respond to snapping the throttle open... most like it rolled on..

Thanks for your help. I said snap but actually a slow push on the throttle will make it bog down unless I have it choked 1/2 way. I see two screws on the carb (PZ19 type). One is in the side of the slide housing with a spring?...and the other is a tiny screw that's hard to get to (left of the other screw). Is that the fuel screw?
Thanks!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

On my PZ 19 its to the left and going in at a angle... Id see what its set at now.count turns as you screw it in... id guess its at 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns out... Id start at 2 turns out....

Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Fixed It!

OK....after adjusting the needle height and playing with the air/fuel adj screw...with no improvement......I pulled the carb and cleaned it. The main jet was full of crud and the bowl was dirty. Put everything back together and it runs like a bat out of hell! Cool! Only one problem left.....I can't seem to get the idol up any more. Feels like the idol adj screw is turned in all the way but the idol speed does not increase. Did I miss something?
Thanks for your help!
Beercan

Old 07-11-2010, 09:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Did you remove and clean the pilot jet? Could you see light thru it?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:38 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

How many turns out do you have the fuel screw set at?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

How many turns out do you have the fuel screw set at?
I cleaned all the jets and could see light thru them all. I left the needle clip (on the slide) on the bottom slot and I think I'm about two turns out on the air/fule mix adjustment. It's running super now with no bogging down....just can't get the idle speed back up.??
Thanks for your help!
Beercan

Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

So you cant get it to idle at all? It will just die? With the screw turned all the way in?

Do you have a adjustment in the throttle cable you could use to get a acceptable idle?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

So you cant get it to idle at all? It will just die? With the screw turned all the way in?

Do you have a adjustment in the throttle cable you could use to get a acceptable idle?
Don't know what happened. Guess the idle screw got short? It would barely idle with the idle screw turned all the way in...and usually die if you didn't bump the throttle. No leaks . Anyhow...I cut off some of the spring on the idle screw so I could turn it in a little further. This fixed it! Was able to get the idle up now. Any ideas? Unless the slide can go in THREE ways..Ha, Ha!
Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply: Panther 110XL Bogging Down