1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 50cc wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 50cc wont start

Bought a kazuma 50cc quad for my boy. Had to replace the coil and Carb. Started and ran good. Boy rode it today, started and stopped it 10 or more times with no problems. Now the thing won't even crank. Charged the battery and still nothing. Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does it make a clicking noise when you hit the start button? If it does and the starter is not turning the engine, it is probably the starter solenoid that is mounted somewhere underneath the quad. If there is not a clicking noise, I would suspect the brake switch is bad or has a loose connection. The brake handle (usually the left one) has to be depressed for the thing to start. There are two small wires going to the switch an the backside of the brake assembly. Jump those two wires together and see if it will start. If it does, the switch is bad or the connections on the switch are corroded. There is also a fuse usually near the battery that might be blown. Hope this helps.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default wont crank

This quad does not have a hand brake. It does have the starter switch and kill switch and also the light switch on the left handle bar. I checked the fuse and its OK. I have two positive wires and one negative wire. I hooked up just the light wire and ground wire to the battery and the light wouldn't even come on. I will try your idea with the starter switch. Ill let you know what happens tomorrow, I'm at work all night
now. Thanks for the idea.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile running

Took the fuse holder apart. Checked fuse. Fuse was good
Replaced fuse anyway. FIRED RIGHT UP. WHAT A RELIEF. My brother in law has same exact quad and has had no problems. Knock on wood I don't have anymore.
Thanks for your help. Not to sound rude, but I hope I don't have to talk to you again. That would mean I'm having more problems.