1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Exahust Tube on Kazuma 90cc ATV (Panda)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exahust Tube on Kazuma 90cc ATV (Panda)

Hi,

I know I have a couple of other questions on the forum still lingering for an answer and I could still use the help on them. However, I did manage to get the Kazuma running this morning. This thing was in rough shape and still is to a degree. Anyhow, since this thing has no owner's manual, I'm at the mercy of everyone's help that has the expertise like the people on this forum. After, I got it running, there seems to be a black piece of rubber tubing coming off the top of the motor that has exahaust fumes coming from it and it works its way straight up through the seat. This exhaust is seperate from the exhaust from the exhaust pipe. Is this normal or has this piece of rubber tubing been cut off or maybe added as a cheap fix to another problem. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Steve

Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

It is probably the emission tube. It should come off the head and go to a valve and then vent out the front or back of the bike. There should also be a vacuum line going to the valve from the intake pipe.

It remonds me of a cheap EGR system.
I plugged them on my bike. It is an off-road bike so emission device was a redundant feature.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

If it isn't needed, then I might go ahead and do the same to this one, because right now that exhaust goes straight up through the seat area when it is idling.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Yep, my 110cc Taotao has the "EGR" too. There is some type of check valve assembly as you can see in this pic (aluminum block looking thing) bolted to a stub welded on to the "U" section of the exhaust. Note the beautiful bird poop Chinese weld. The suction hose is routed up high with the steering column. The hose has what looks like an airfilter stuffed in to. Also, that bulge in the exhaust is supposed to be a catalytic converter. There's a thread around where a guy cut it open and drilled it out. It was difficult to get the "honeycomb" out of there.

Name:  005-2.jpg
Views: 5344
Size:  90.4 KB

Joel

Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Definitely looks like somebody has been making some changes to the ATV that I bought for my son. Thanks for the picture. You wouldn't know where I could go to get some sort of exploded assembly of my
ATV would you? I've managed to find bits and pieces of information like an exploded view of the carburetor, but not much beyond that. I'm still not very familiar with ATV's and still couldn't tell you where the starter is or what it looks like on this thing.

Regards,

Steve

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Range Rover

Steve, your best bet is just poke around for a generic ~70-110cc ATV manual. The engines and electrical systems are basically the same across the board. Specific make/model ops and service manuals don't really exist for these machines as far as I know. The "manual" that came with my 2009 model year Taotao 110D is absolutely worthless. Nothing but 40pgs of generic safety warnings. It doesn't even tell you where to check or how to change the engine oil. I PM'd you an address with a bunch of manuals.

Joel

Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Range Rover
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

most chinese bikes have similar parts. You can use the manuals as guides if you can not find the EXACT manual you need.

When replacing a part, it is best to take it apart and photograph the procedure so you can see what you did later. Also, it is best to place parts taken off in labeled zip lock baggies. The purpose for the baggies is so that you know what the parts are and so they do not get lost.

It makes reassembly much easier that way.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i tought those bulges were cats lol cool!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Range Rover

Oops! I called it EGR up a few posts up. It's actually air injection.

Joel

Quick Reply: Exahust Tube on Kazuma 90cc ATV (Panda)