1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

What Stator should I get???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010 | 08:35 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What Stator should I get???

quad is a Xtongtai 110 cc. Looking on line I see a bunch of potential stators out there. Mine is a 2 coil with 1 coil pack about 1/2 inch higher than the other. It has 5 wires coming from it. 4 of the wires are in a white plug. Black with red, blue with white, solid yellow, and solid white. The green is not in the plug. It has a bullet connector that connects seperatly. Queston is, will a stator that has 2 coils the same hight work as long as it has 5 wires? They have the same footprint. I have not seen any with the same plug. I would like to use the factory plug but i can crimp quick connects on but that is hack. I have seen 2 coil stators identical to mine with 1 coil higher than the other but it has 6 wires. I assume that is no good?
BTW, How the heck do you post pics so you can see what i am trying to explain??
Anyone in here have this stator for sale?
Bill

Last edited by bill02364; 08-30-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-30-2010 | 11:39 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!

If you look carefully at the two coils you will see one is made from thousands of turns of a fine gauge wire. The other one is made with hundreds of turns of heavier gauge wire.

The fine wire coil is the moderately high voltage AC power winding that powers your AC powered CDI. The heavier gauge coil is the low voltage (but much higher current) battery charge winding that charges the battery through the voltage regulator.

Since your CDI is AC powered you need the stator with the two different coils unless you want to change the CDI to the DC powered type and rewire the quad. AC powered CDIs (like the one in your quad) need the different looking coil and its output to make spark.

The stators with two identical coils are both battery charge windings. You can draw a little more power out of these than the different coils stator. I would not switch to this style stator unless I really needed the extra charging capacity, and I was comfortable doing a lot of rewiring.

Posting images is not intuitive. When composing a reply go up to the graphic symbols above your composing window and click on the paper clip. Browse for and select the picture you what to upload, make sure it meets the size quidelines listed. and upload it. After that I don't remember how to insert the uploaded picture link into the message being composed. Maybe it is automatic. I did it somehow.

Originally Posted by bill02364
quad is a Xtongtai 110 cc. Looking on line I see a bunch of potential stators out there. Mine is a 2 coil with 1 coil pack about 1/2 inch higher than the other. It has 5 wires coming from it. 4 of the wires are in a white plug. Black with red, blue with white, solid yellow, and solid white. The green is not in the plug. It has a bullet connector that connects seperatly. Queston is, will a stator that has 2 coils the same hight work as long as it has 5 wires? They have the same footprint. I have not seen any with the same plug. I would like to use the factory plug but i can crimp quick connects on but that is hack. I have seen 2 coil stators identical to mine with 1 coil higher than the other but it has 6 wires. I assume that is no good?
BTW, How the heck do you post pics so you can see what i am trying to explain??
Anyone in here have this stator for sale?
Bill

Old 09-08-2010 | 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

i would suggest contacting your local dealer for information sometimes they carry chinese part for atv's plus makes life easy to use dealer parts =D