1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Chinese quad 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese quad 90cc

I have a chinese quad its lights up and everything, but will not started. I check the fuses and everything still not getting a start up. Can the starter be the problem? It used to click when I was trying to start it, now it dosen't click at all. I have had problems with this thing since I brought it. I already put $600 into it and month later no start.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default your quad problems

Originally Posted by ford123
I have a chinese quad its lights up and everything, but will not started. I check the fuses and everything still not getting a start up. Can the starter be the problem? It used to click when I was trying to start it, now it dosen't click at all. I have had problems with this thing since I brought it. I already put $600 into it and month later no start.
treat this like your car...does your car turn over and not start? then why replace the starter? define no start?...turns/cranks over with no start up of engine? no turnover/crank of engine? what?
i presume it turns over. define no start....presume starter turns over. do you have spark? pull spark plug with coil wire on, ground to engine and crank over the starter. does the spark plug spark? with spark plug out, is the spark plug wet with gasoline? does the carb have gasoline in it? open drain on float bowl to release/check for gasoline. i believe the "clicking" comes from the battery being low and the solenoid clicks. recharge your battery or jump it from your vehicle. check voltage of battery if you can't recharge it with charger. more info to come...depends on your response...thanks. be detailed in your responses....thanks.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ford123
...It used to click when I was trying to start it, now it dosen't click at all.....
I agree with Jaster94. Sounds like a discharged battery. Jump the quad to your car with a pair of jumper cables and see if the starter turns. Just be sure to get the polarity right: Plus to Plus and minus to minus. Does the starter tunr with jumper cables?