1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

quality difference in taotao models?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quality difference in taotao models?

I am looking to buy two tao tao 135 atv for my kids. Have been reading a lot of good and a lot of bad about the tao tao atvs on various forums.

Is it possible much of the bad is from older units and much of the good from newer units that were improved/better built?

Also, one online dealer told me that jetmotto no longer makes kid atvs so tao tao took over one of their factories... Dealer said he now only buys the models made from this paticular factory because he believes there is a higher level of quality.

So, is it possible to get a higher quality tao tao 135 or 125 that is reliable for a few years based on newer models or a better factory where they are built?

I know you get what you pay for with chinese quads, but I had a friend with a kazuma that lasted 4 years and he had to do some wrenching along the way, but felt it was worth it. Just don't want my kids to outgrow or become uninterested in a expensive model. I consider the chinese quad a good sample and if they like it/want to stic to it, upgrade them to a quality brand. BUT, I don't want to get something that won't start or is constantly being worked on.

Your thoughts?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

The newer units are just as problematic. I have a 2012 Tao Tao 150d and it looks like the factory worker went for his bowl of rice halfway through assembling it. The frame is not even symmetrical.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

I should add that the engine runs smooth and quiet on my machine. It surprises me how quiet it is at idle.