1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc quad not running right

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc quad not running right

I am a little stumped and have looked all over this board and have decided its best to post my issue as I can't find what is the exact problem I am having. Right now the quad runs great at idle once I give it gas past I would say 1/4 throttle it bogs all the way through the throttle range. If I put the choke on at about half those problems past 1/4 go away and it screams along.

Also the needle is in the lowest setting and runs the best there, I have tried all positions. The jets are very clean and so is the emulsion tube. The float is level and the jets are a #40 and looks like it says #72. It also has a new fuel filter too air cleaner is stock and clean also.

PLEASE HELP!!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

mine was doing the same i change the spark plug and it runs good now your plug might be fouled

Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

It has a new plug but still has the problem. It will only run better on partial choke. Im thinking maybe the carb is messed up in some other way that i cant see? I have no idea of the history of this quad either. i also sprayed carb cleaner around the intake and all pionts that air could get in and no leaks. With it running correct at half throttle that is strange since the needle also has to be at its lowest as well . if i move the needle up it wont run right at all even with the choke on in any position.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by ruck'n dirty
It has a new plug but still has the problem. It will only run better on partial choke. Im thinking maybe the carb is messed up in some other way that i cant see? I have no idea of the history of this quad either. i also sprayed carb cleaner around the intake and all pionts that air could get in and no leaks. With it running correct at half throttle that is strange since the needle also has to be at its lowest as well . if i move the needle up it wont run right at all even with the choke on in any position.
if it runs better with partial choke you either have an air leak or the pilot jet is cloged/too small, especially since richening the needle helped.

I would lean towards the pilot jet, but air leaks are easy enough to look for.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think High Boost is spot on. I agree with him completely.