1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hanma 110cc wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak? intermittent spark

O.k. now I have a real weak spark and the bike idles good but when you give it gas it stammers and studders and wont move, I took the cdi off the good running quad and it still runs the same. I swapped plugs same thing. Now I havent busted out the volt meter yet Lynn I thought I better check with you what voltage I should be getting? just to refresh memory these quads are a Hanma 110cc 4 plug cdi and I just completly rewired them and have been running great and now the weak / intermittent spark. on one if them. could it be the stator, coil? or just my wiring?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Since your CDI is a 4 pin (DC powered) we can eliminate the CDI, wiring, and stator. You're getting spark, so that says the CDI is powered and being triggered. And the CDI must be hooked up to the coil. The trigger from the stator is an all or nothing thing. Either the trigger reaches the trigger threshold (making a spark), or it doesn't. Also the trigger voltage is proportional to engine speed, so a weak trigger signal would make the quad hard to start. You have the quad idling, so the stator is OK. You've changed the CDI, so that leaves the ignition coil.

Usually quads that idle OK but won't take off have carburetor issues - not electrical issues. Are you sure the cause is weak spark? You could swap ignition coils (its easy), then look to swapping carburetors.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Manual

Does anyone know where I can down load a owners manual or service for a 2007 Sunl Hanma 110cc quad. I like it to be free if possible.
I baught one for my grandkids and it seemed to have a electrical problem
until I looked into it and found the main problems was the poor quality wire connectors. replaced the connectors and it works great.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by kf9nb
Does anyone know where I can down load a owners manual or service for a 2007 Sunl Hanma 110cc quad. I like it to be free if possible.
I baught one for my grandkids and it seemed to have a electrical problem
until I looked into it and found the main problems was the poor quality wire connectors. replaced the connectors and it works great.
Ya Im having the same problem with one of mine the connection from the wire harness to the cdi keeps working loose. its the wire connector inside, does anybody know where to buy just the connector to the cdi its a 4 pin. my son is going crazy he rides for about five minutes then no spark, wiggle the connector at cdi then it fires and runs good for awhile.....???? help and nobody in town sell those tiny A**** female butt connectors so I cant just replace that. I rewired the quad using Lynn's simple wiring diagram but I had to reuse the connectors from the old harness can I make something that work to plug into the cdi??

Old 04-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wire connectors

Originally Posted by skyj
Ya Im having the same problem with one of mine the connection from the wire harness to the cdi keeps working loose. its the wire connector inside, does anybody know where to buy just the connector to the cdi its a 4 pin. my son is going crazy he rides for about five minutes then no spark, wiggle the connector at cdi then it fires and runs good for awhile.....???? help and nobody in town sell those tiny A**************** female butt connectors so I cant just replace that. I rewired the quad using Lynn's simple wiring diagram but I had to reuse the connectors from the old harness can I make something that work to plug into the cdi??
Check out newark at newark.com. I baught my female connector off of them. But its been several years ago, when I did electronic repairs.
These little bikes seem to be ok except for their wiring and I noticed the connectors right off that they were junk.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by skyj
Ya Im having the same problem with one of mine the connection from the wire harness to the cdi keeps working loose. its the wire connector inside, does anybody know where to buy just the connector to the cdi its a 4 pin. my son is going crazy he rides for about five minutes then no spark, wiggle the connector at cdi then it fires and runs good for awhile.....???? help and nobody in town sell those tiny A**************** female butt connectors so I cant just replace that. I rewired the quad using Lynn's simple wiring diagram but I had to reuse the connectors from the old harness can I make something that work to plug into the cdi??
I just got forwarded a link to a chinese connector vendor from new forum member Tzeel via private message. You may want to check this out and see if they have the conector you seek:

Electric Scooter Wire Connectors from ElectricScooterParts.com

If that fails you could always just cut off the connector and solder the wires directly to the CDI pins. If you're good at soldering this should be easy - the connector pins travel all the way to the back (bottom) of the CDI before connecting to the internal printed circuit board - so you won't be at any risk of unsoldering / damaging the stuff inside unless you are really, really bad at soldering. I would use shrink tubing over the connections too.

If you do this you won't be able to swap CDI's on the trail, but who does that anyway? If you need to change the CDI it is only four wires...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just removed the carb from my 110 and cleaned it and I noticed that it was stamped made in Japan on it. My question is are the engines on my Hanna 110 made in Japan instead of China. If it is Jap made, it will be a very good engine. I am impressed with how much it is like a Honda engine.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default need wireing help

just swaped for a hanmar 9 for grandson only startes with remote read post said you have wireing diagram how do i get a copy ,thank you

Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kf9nb
I just removed the carb from my 110 and cleaned it and I noticed that it was stamped made in Japan on it. My question is are the engines on my Hanna 110 made in Japan instead of China. If it is Jap made, it will be a very good engine. I am impressed with how much it is like a Honda engine.
a lot of china quads have a honda clone. glad to hear your engine is stamped. maybe it's an import

Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by clampet5158
just swaped for a hanmar 9 for grandson only startes with remote read post said you have wireing diagram how do i get a copy ,thank you
I for one don't have a hanmar wiring diagram. Is this a chinese quad? What engine size? How many pins on your CDI? 4 or 5?

Most chinese quads are wired similar, and we can use other diagrams and some measurements with a meter to get going in the right direction.

Have you checked your fuse?

Quick Reply: Hanma 110cc wiring problems