1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hanma 110cc wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! haven't been on here in a while. Glad to report these little buggers are still running strong after I used Lynn's basic wire diagram. I did have to just cut all the cheesy cheap plastic crap connectors off and just solder and wire in some spade connectors but it works good. Now just need to find a good replacment for the crap seats I ordered replacements and the plastic bottoms are so brittle they just crack.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi New to this forum found this post relay helpful thing is my 110 quad has 4 pin cdi but also has a starter rely how is it included in wiring thanks

Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a starter relay, or solenoid, is different than your CDI. the solenoid is for sending voltage to the starter at a certain time in order to engage the starter motor. what happens is this: when you engage the starter button, voltage is sent to the solenoid and the internal plates connect and cause the voltage to pass from one pole to the next (internally) and thus sending voltage down to the starter to crank it. to see how this works by forcing it, you can leave the key on or off, take a screwdriver or pliers and touch the 2 posts together on the solenoid and the starter should crank/turn over. your CDI, or capacitor discharge ignition, does a whole other service for your quad.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for quick reply the thing I am wondering is where does the relay slot in on these wiring diagrams and also is there any way to disable kill switchs thanks again

Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why are you wanting to disable kill switches? what's the problem(s) with your quad? we can work it out and get you going right.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where to start... got this quad on the cheep no idea wat it is 110cc 4 pin cdi only thing I know about It wiring was melted coming from voltage rectifier got it re wired seems ok now. Ignition switch was cut off and straight conected I fixed switch and re wired to wat seems original kill switch, lights and start button all faulty now fixed tho not getting any live at plug for start lights and run switch if I directly send live to solenoid it turns over with good spark but no feed at relay???? Im kinda lost

Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

On my ignition switch I have 4 colours bl/w , r/w, green, black tho there is an other wire going to switch its bl/r which runs to switched 12v DC on cdi im I right in saying it should connect to ignition on live? Thanks

Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

At another glance of this thread the first post Lynn Edwards put on looks like my loom might be on to a winner will keep all posted

Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hanma 110 Electrical Issues

I have been reading on all the electrical issues with these quads.
I recently picked up a 2006 Hanma R5 110cc.
I replaced the battery and the starter solenoid. Because the old one look worn and was just clicking when you push the starter button.
I have read up that there was a remote start/kill. I don't have the remote. It says this can be bypassed.
The lights work, brake switch is working, brake lights come on and it won't click at the solenoid unless you depress the brake.
So where do I go from here?I don't want to keep throwing parts into it unless I know they are bad.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also there is a green wire that was loose when I got it. I assume it was a ground.
It is right by the battery compartment and goes to a 2 prong connector with the light gauge red wire with the in line fuse.
I tried grounding it the the frame but no change.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Are you saying that the new solenoid is clicking but not turning the engine over? If so it is probably a faulty starter. You can test this by putting a test lamp between the starter "live" terminal and earth, press the brake and starter button and if the lamp lights you have a bad starter motor. It is often just brushes, but Chinese starters are usually so cheap that fitting new is easier.

Quick Reply: Hanma 110cc wiring problems