1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Baja Wilderness Trail 400 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I recycled that 1st battery. This is a great battery. So stop looking for a shorted wire then & put body back on? I'm though going to look for a new connect to replace burnt one & find a new place out of water & mud for the regulator. The place I sent for pdf has regulators cheaper. I sure wish I could get a honda or name brand or even an after market one that interchanged as I think haha ones are not very good. If one had the same wiring would it be the same or are it's diodes & such doing different jobs on different machines? Since I'm this far I'd sure like to take the tank off & get a good last look before reassembling as I found a hose to right side carburator completely disintegrated. I'm not sure what it is as part is not described but not a fuel line maybe a vacuum or some such. however I am not sure how to take off that stem & **** that runs shutoff/on/reserve. Any thoughts? Okay thanks again for the help & vindication in any case I better learn how to fix it as I doubt anyone is dumb enough to buy one except maybe me. Tossdart

Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Once again, my comments embedded in blue...

Originally Posted by Tossdart
No I recycled that 1st battery. This is a great battery. So stop looking for a shorted wire then & put body back on? [At this point that's what I would do] I'm though going to look for a new connect to replace burnt one & find a new place out of water & mud for the regulator. [Fine, but make sure it has air flow] The place I sent for pdf has regulators cheaper. I sure wish I could get a honda or name brand or even an after market one that interchanged as I think haha ones are not very good. If one had the same wiring would it be the same or are it's diodes & such doing different jobs on different machines? [I don't know. Single phase 4 pin regulators for 110 and 150cc machines certainly don't have any standard. Yours is three phase. I know how they work, but I don't know if there are different wiring schemes between different quads, or if they all use a standard scheme] Since I'm this far I'd sure like to take the tank off & get a good last look before reassembling as I found a hose to right side carburator completely disintegrated. I'm not sure what it is as part is not described but not a fuel line maybe a vacuum or some such. however I am not sure how to take off that stem & **** that runs shutoff/on/reserve. Any thoughts? [I have know idea at all for your quad. I will say that my chinese 150cc quad has had all of the rubber fall apart except for the tires. They've held up great. ] Okay thanks again for the help & vindication in any case I better learn how to fix it as I doubt anyone is dumb enough to buy one except maybe me. [There are lots of people dumb enough to buy chinese quads. Me included. But I guess I'm still dumb enough to still think my chinese quad has been fun and overall a good deal. But I wouldn't take my quad 90 miles into the outback. Not in a million years. I'm not that adventurous . Do you travel into remote areas on your chinese quad alone? Some of your videos don't show anyone around but you in these remote areas... .] Tossdart

Old 08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ahhh yup. I guess my worst worry would be if I tipped quad on myself. If it breaks it wouldn't be my favorite thing but I lived in the bush in Northern B.C., so can make it on my own. I always have a back pack in bag at the back with a Marlin papoose .22, food & water, cooking pot, axe, saw, fire & two tarps. As well as one or other of my high powered rifles. One can't go 10 ft in our bush without deer jumping out bears too though & a few other nasties are abundant but yes I do go it alone. I could walk 15 miles a day as a youngster but it would take me 2 weeks now. I always tell wife where I am & put a google earth pin. As well often by heading across country short cuts one can find roads. The problem with that is rivers. Best just back track. Well okay I'll just buy yet another ha ha regulator & give it a try but no more deep bush with this quad. I'm sure my boss would forgive me. Eh wait just had a thought, been a long time since me & my nabob can spent two weeks. Signed Too stupid to find winky.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Simpler Quad, Rubber pipe fittings

Hi,

I have a HSUN 400 ATV which I think is the same as your Quad. Have you seen this it may help,

http://www.bajamotorsports.net/syste...REFIX_LWG_.pdf

When I got mine every single rubber hose except the fuel line was perished and had to be fixed.
On mine there are two pipes on the carb, one is a connection between the rubber mount before the carb, to the actual carb, an air pipe i think. The second smaller pipe go's to a black plastic 'filter' hung under the right (from sitting in seat) front fuel tank mounting. This thing then connects to a silver 'Filter' on the exhaust pipe someone told me it was to do with exhaust emission control. This pipe is not shown on the diagrams above. Can email pictures (i think) if it would help.

The fuel feed *** is removed by unclipping the front cover that shows the Fuel/Stop/Reserve and inside is a tube leading to a small Philips screw holding the whole plastic turner unscrew and it comes off. Hope that makes senses.

Ian B

Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi thought you might enjoy this page. It is not me but a fellow posted on my You Tube video. My bike still sits where I left it with body off. This shows how much I used it. I did get an after market regulator I am sure will work & be better from RM Stator. Will let you know in spring when not -40 C. Here is link. I also reported it to Consumer Protection.
Baja Motorsports - Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada

Old 01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I must be the lucky one....so far

I've got a 2007 Baja 250cc and have nothing but good things to say about it. I do have the odd issue finding parts but it's been very reliable for me. I do know they are nowhere near as good quality as a Japanese made one but mines taken a real beating and always ran. I have even had a few big roll overs and she fired right up. Lucky I guess. I do hear allot of bad things about them but who really puts good news on the internet?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yup

Your the lucky one, 1 ehe. Actually I got mine as I met a fellow in bush & he had the 250. He said it had been great. I went to buy 250 & ended with quad. It seems that the regulator is faulty. I took mine apart looking for short until better advise here suggested it is just regulator. I'll let yous know in spring when get gumption to put it body parts back on .

Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I tore mine down right to the frame and did a general refurbishing job on it to get it ready for spring and besides a few minor issues it's pretty solid. I have to admit there are a few items on this thing that could be a issue if you don't keep on top of it for sure. The guy who owned it last never looked after it but it survived not too badly. Good luck with yours buddy. All I want out of it is a trouble free spring and summer..

Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Quick Note

Just a quick note about Baja 400's. I was at a registered baja repair shop yesterday buying some gaskets for my 250 and the guy who ran the place told me the regulators are a huge problem with the 400 model and he can't keep enough regulators and harness kits I stock because it's such a bad design. Just wanted to let you know your not the only unlucky one out there.....

Quick Reply: Baja Wilderness Trail 400 ATV