1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Falcon 110 - new owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Falcon 110 - new owner

Chinese quad ATV noob, checking in. "Inherited" a Kazuma and have some basic questions:

-Is there a VIN decoder or model year identifier secret? It's had two previous owners and the best guess is it's a 2005.
-Where can I find a good shop manual? I found a .pdf for the owner's manual, but it has no troubleshooting info.
-Can the carb be cleaned/rebuilt or is it just better to buy a new one (seems a good price is around $30 on the internet).

The quad has been sitting outside for at least a couple of seasons, as weeds and birds had taken over. Ignition switch doesn't work, but with a fresh battery on the quad and an external battery hotwiring the starter, I can get it to start, but not idle.

My boys (4 & 2) will be eventually moving up from electric power wheels, that are all modified to 18V and 24V, so I have a decent grasp on basic electrical wiring/function and I owned a '71 Corvette for a couple years and did most of the work on it, as well. Having said that, I am no expert, just a hobbyist and tinkerer. I can take ANYTHING apart...it's the getting it back together right that usually gives me the problems

Glad to have found this great forum and my boys and I are truly grateful for any and all advice and assitance.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

these 2 sites help with your VIN:

ATVs | ATV VIN Number

VIN View /// AnalogX

your carb may not be identical to this one in the video, but the principle is the same:
how to clean a carb on a ATV - YouTube

i don't advise the use of the drill...

Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Awesome links, thanks Jaster.

It's a 2006 and I'll bet the jets are clogged, considering the in-tank filters are disintegrated...

Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scootergptx found the VIN websites! i'll give credit where credit is due.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Couple quick pics:
Name:  FalconLF_resized.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  138.8 KB

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

After a massive carb cleaning session, including a PB Blaster soaking and compressed air session for the jets, it starts and idles. I set the initial A/F with two turns counterclockwise and the idle screw at what I would guess is 1000 RPM.

It ran great, with smooth acceleration, until it warmed up. Once hot, it ran rich and lost power. I turned the A/F a half turn clockwise and it still idles fine, without sooty/raw gas exhaust, but doesn't accelerate smoothly and still seems down on power. Any suggestions?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i don't know much about your quad. i was trying to read up on the specs. 3 speed automatic? right? if so, the centrifugal clutch may need adjusting. there should be an adjuster nut on the right hand side of the engine. that's it. I'll PM, private message, you a couple of visual aids that'll help you. click in the upper right hand portion of the screen where your name appears and you'll see where you got a PM/Notification.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
i don't know much about your quad. i was trying to read up on the specs. 3 speed automatic? right? if so, the centrifugal clutch may need adjusting. there should be an adjuster nut on the right hand side of the engine. that's it. I'll PM, private message, you a couple of visual aids that'll help you. click in the upper right hand portion of the screen where your name appears and you'll see where you got a PM/Notification.
3 speed, semi-auto with reverse.

Got the PM, many thanks.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue03Cobra
After a massive carb cleaning session, including a PB Blaster soaking and compressed air session for the jets, it starts and idles. I set the initial A/F with two turns counterclockwise and the idle screw at what I would guess is 1000 RPM.

It ran great, with smooth acceleration, until it warmed up. Once hot, it ran rich and lost power. I turned the A/F a half turn clockwise and it still idles fine, without sooty/raw gas exhaust, but doesn't accelerate smoothly and still seems down on power. Any suggestions?
Do you have an automatic choke (also called a bystarter valve) on this machine? Or in other words, do you have electrical wires going to the carburetor?

Quick Reply: Falcon 110 - new owner