1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jianshe stator

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jianshe stator

hey guys im looking to replace my Jianshe mountain lion 400 stator as my batteries don't keep any kind of charge. can anyone point me in the direction of where this is located on the quad thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what brings you to the conclusion your stator needs replacement? have you measured the stator's output to see if it's charging the batteries?
if you have a ripcord/pull start on your quad, the stator is on the opposite side. usually a semi/mostly round case on the side of the engine that has imposed bolts holding it on. the pics i've seen of some jianshe quads have the stator on the left hand side. BUT, buy a service manual. it's a good investment.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for your reply. well iv gone through three batteries in the past year. and everytime i wanted to ride i would have to trickle charge the battery the night before. if not the stator what could be killing my battery? i had a winch hooked up that would kill it pretty fast too. but i haven't had that hooked up in months considering i snapped the cord....

Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Trickle charging your battery the night before you want to ride is a sure fire recipe to ruining a battery. Lead -acid batteries must *never* be left to sit for more than a day even partially discharged. The lead plates sulphate up, and the battery is promptly ruined.

If you suspect charging problems then you should be hooking up the trickle charger immediately after the ride, and leaving it there.

Here is how you check the charging system:

The battery charging system is easy to check. All you need is a voltmeter.
Note: The battery can't be flat dead when you do this test, or the battery will drag down the charging system making it look bad when it may not be bad. Also a really bad battery can do the same thing. So for best results start with at least a partially charged battery.
Start up the engine and run at medium high speed with the headlights off. Set your meter to measure DC volts on the 20 volt scale. Measure the voltage on the battery terminals while the engine is running at the medium fast clip. The voltage should be 13.5 volts to 14.5 volts.
If the voltage falls within that range your charging system is working fine. If the voltage is low then your charging system is under charging your battery. If it is higher then your charging system is overcharging the battery.
The charging system consists of the stator, the voltage regulator, and all the associated wiring. With the above test you can check to see if the charging system is working. If your charging system is working, and your battery still does't hold a charge then your battery is bad, or something is discharging your battery. If your charging system isn't working then that's a new direction. All of this stuff can be measured with a meter. Start with the above test of the charging system first. We can branch out from there...

Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default where do these wires go from my cdi 400 JIANSHE

I have a 400 jianshe motor not sure what year possibly 2006-2008 it has 5 wires coming from stator/ generator. One yellow plug 3 whit wires. Other two wires are black and a blue. Rectifiers has two plugs one goes to three white from stator. Other plug is also black and a blue. What are the black and blue wires and where do they go.

Cdi has three plugs one has a green and a red. Another has a black and a red. And the third has a orange a black and a black/white. Please someone tell me where these wires go to. A diagram or sketch would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance