1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

anybody know where to get aftermarket carb?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody know where to get aftermarket carb?

ok just got a chinese quad gave to me (yup free) it will start run bout 10 seconds then die and won't start back for a couple hrs (repeat as often as you like) but if you give it a bit of starting fluid after it dies will fire run till out of fluid (again repeat as often as u like)

so im guessing the problem is in the carb
i took it off and it is cleaner than i usually can get them myself but the electric choke is broken so im guessing i need a new carb

the problem is that the carb is held on by two bolts at about 45 degree angle and after hrs of looking on ebay i cannot find one that bolts on the same way cept for like a 125cc engine
anybody know what bike this thing is based off of so i can locate another carb?

the machine is blue says kazuma on the seat and xpress on the fender
i ran the vin and all it says is made in china in 2002
the bike is a 2 cylinder and the guy who gave it to me says is a 250
other than that i just dont know anything bout this machine

just want a cheap simple carb something like this cept with the holes set at 45 instead of straight across
Honda Fourtrax TRX 200 ATV Carb Carburetor TRX200D 1995 | eBay

Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Range Rover

the most common/best carb on pit bikes is the mikuni vm26
they cost about $100 from reputable dealers, or you can buy a chinese copy off ebay for half price, but the the jets may be different

the pit bikes use tuned up 125's-150's so I am not sure if it would be enough carb for a 250, but I am gussing it is

the vm26 uses a "spigot" mount, where its just a metal tube and you connect it with a rubber hose and hose clamp

you can find various 2 bolt flanges that are made for spigot mount carbs, where you can bolt that to your manifold, then slide the carb in, a company called tbolt sells some different ones (link below), or you can find them on ebay for less, you just need to measure the bolt spacing and size of the monifold so you get the right one

26mm Carb Intake Adapter Boot - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CHINA 50-110 PERFORMANCE - TRC-0599 - TBolt USA, LLC

Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Range Rover

thanks man i'll keep in this in mind this weekend i messed with the float and thought i had it running but when i went to test ride it i backed up bout 20 feet or so and the thing went electrically dead

i figured the battery was just dead so i tried jumping it off my truck
the P.O. had wire jumped across the starter solenoid so any "safety switches" should not effect the circuit but this thing will not do anything

i dont know if anything else has power cause the dash never lit up and headlights and brake light are disconnected, and i wont have a chance to put a meter on it til at least tonight could b end of week

any ideas?