1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

QYIE 110cc gas and spark not starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question QYIE 110cc gas and spark not starting

Hey I'm new to this site and hoping for some help. My son has a coolster 3050c 110 atv it has gas and spark but not starting. I watched mutiple videos on setting valves and valve timing no one was doing a motor like mine. They a mark in the block above the crankshaft pulley to line marks up with my pulley is smaller and the block doesn't surround it with a notch in it. any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering is it out of timing I bought a new cdi also.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome,
so you've got gas and spark. so the spark plug is wet with gasoline or you got gasoline in the tank or in the carb float bowl? if you're cranking the engine and you give it a small squirt of ether/starting fluid, does the engine fire up and run? have you executed a compression test with a gauge and not your thumb? if so, what are those results? did you buy this quad new or used? just needing some information to help us help you! holler back

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I rented a pressure tester but it didnt come with a 12mm fitting now I've gotta pick one up. But just feeling the compression by finger the poofs are weak. When I spray starting fluid in the carb it only spins. I was trying set my valve timing so than I can set my valve lash. The videos I watched I never seen a flywhhel like mine so I'm not sure what to set the flywheel dot by. There is no notch on the block above it the block does not surround it closely like the videos. I have pics on my phone but can't figure out how to uplaod the on here, so someone can tell me what to go by. here is some info that may or may not be helpful the last day it worked which was weeks ago my son jumped a hill and the chain came off the front sprocket broke lost the retainer so I bought a new gear retainer and chain. the next day when I tried it out it was hard to start when it did I ran run until full throotle wont idle without gas pressed once it was turned off that was it, so here we are. My thoughts are it jumped timing with my flywheel dot at around 12:00 the the fornt sprocket has passed the dot.