1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Boreem BMS 250cc 2006 coil wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boreem BMS 250cc 2006 coil wires

Hello I'm new here, great site by the way.

so someone has given me this atv that has been sitting for a couple of years everything seems to in tack except for the plastic body which is sun baked and falling apart , But the real problem is the coil is not hooked up and I am looking for a wiring diagram for it boreem says they do not sell this model anymore and havn't got one for it does anyone know where i can find ?

The only 3 wires that are even close to the coil is a black with yellow stripe and solid black and then a ground wire .. also the solid black wire has 12 volts with the key turned on so which one goes to positive and and which one goes to neg side of coil ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't have one, the only thing i found on any searches was this:
Wire Diagram - BMS MotorSports
may be worth a call to these folks as they may have something not listed on their website. hmmmm....

Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't have a wire diagram of your quad. I've never even heard of it, but that isn't surprising considering the zillions of brands that sprang up before the crash in 2008.

Black with yellow stripe is a classic color for the ignition coil primary winding input.

Green is the classic color for ground.

Black is a classic color for fused switched 12 volt power. So the colors make sense. I have to wonder what is supposed to be powered up with that extra black wire... The yellow black is the ignition coil drive from the CDI almost certainly. Most wiring harness have a ground wire (green) that goes up to the coil and connects to chassis ground nearby the coil.

So is everything else there? CDI, voltage regulator, ignition switch, brake switches, main fuse off the battery, etc? Does the wiring on this quad look hacked?

Originally Posted by KicknUr
Hello I'm new here, great site by the way.

so someone has given me this atv that has been sitting for a couple of years everything seems to in tack except for the plastic body which is sun baked and falling apart , But the real problem is the coil is not hooked up and I am looking for a wiring diagram for it boreem says they do not sell this model anymore and havn't got one for it does anyone know where i can find ?

The only 3 wires that are even close to the coil is a black with yellow stripe and solid black and then a ground wire .. also the solid black wire has 12 volts with the key turned on so which one goes to positive and and which one goes to neg side of coil ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

no it is not hacked at all just those 3 wire's are there right next to coil it has a battery in it and will turn over

Old 05-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
i don't have one, the only thing i found on any searches was this:
Wire Diagram - BMS MotorSports
may be worth a call to these folks as they may have something not listed on their website. hmmmm....

yeh I contacted them and they told me they don't sell the quad anymore so there for they don't have a wiring diagram...

Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

whoa! . i just remembered, a buddy of mine has either a BMS or BMX quad. let me go over to his place and check out the quad and wiring to see if it'll help you!....give me a little time. should be able to look at it today.....mabye we'll get lucky.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i looked at a BMS quad just a while ago. it only has the Black(with white or yellow-hard to distinguish because his wires are faded) wire going to the 'hot" side of the coil to deliver the 12volts. the green ground is connected to the grounding station on the coil itself. his quad didn't have a 3rd wire. his wires had connectors(typical male/female slider connectors) on there so it was easy to tell what went where. the ground was an easy one to figure out as Lynn stated, it just connected the coil body to the frame.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so what you are telling me is the coil only has one wire connected to it and that is the black with yellow stripe on primary side and no other wires connect to other side ?

Just seems strange but ok . I'll see what happens ..

Thanks very much for your time

Old 05-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, missed the post that you said you have 2 terminals on the coil to plug in 2 wires and then ground on the frame? is that right? are the terminals on the coil male? are they the same size or slightly different sizes? hmmm...., i wonder if you looked real close at the cast if they are marked/stamped on the coil body. ???interesting.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

ummm both are male and one is a little smaller the for neg side is the smaller one would be easy if whoever had it before hadn't cut the ends off the wires

Quick Reply: Boreem BMS 250cc 2006 coil wires