1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jetmoto 150-just got it and i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150-just got it and i need some help

Hello all,
I have been reading some great info here. Thanks for that.

I just got a JetMoto 150 off of craigslist. It had been isitting for a few years outside, but looked serviceable. so i loaded it onto my car and took it home.

Today I unloaded it at my shop and stared procedures to get it running.
Battery was prob junk, but I tried to re-fill to proer level and charge, but it would not get over 3volts, so oh well. I have car batteries to test with.

On to the fuel system-
The gas tank has some varnish smell and rust, so i took off the line @ the carb and blew up and the line was clear, so i put the loose end into a empty water bottle and ran 1/2 can of carb spray though the tank and got out most of the junk. Next i ren tap water though the tank and line untill it came out clean. then put 1 gal of methanol in the tanks and blew up with compressed air to "percolate" the methanol in efforts to clean the rusty tank. Did it help? Maybe, maybe not...

Sprayed some brake cleaner into the carb and hooked up jumper cables to it and got it to turn over, so took out the spark plug and sprayed some brake clean into the syl and cranked it to clean anything out of the cylinder. Plug cleaned and re-installed, cranked but no pop.

Next pulled the plug to look for spark and dint find any, so figured might need a CDI box, but NO. tried again about 1 hr later with the ATV in D instead of N, and whoa it fired!
ok it ran for about 50rpm on the spray but i am confidant with the carb cleaned out it, and a battery it should run. I will do that tomorrow.
Can't wait to actually ride it.

Also I should have a couple pics tomorrow, sorry about the book here.

My questions,
1. Got it with no reg, or any paperwork, I'm in CA and would like to get a green sticker if possible. Vin on frame is legible, but the plates have a couple numbers but sun very sun faded. How do i get it registered?

2. Rec oil for the crankcase/ quantity needed?

I am sure to need more help, but thata it for now.
Thanks

Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, what year is it? I still have two 07 Jet 150's and they both still run very good also have two 250's! Ya go through the carbs and remember to blow through all the passages and replace the fuel filter (in line). Also clean air filter! The battery is a 12n-9-4b-1 I just bought one from Walmart for $32. http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-...ttery/16782696
Run 15W40 oil cant recall how much but a couple quarts will cover it. You can look at my Jetmoto web site to see my 07's. Sad but true that Jetmoto USA is no longer so getting parts will be a hunt but there are so many Chines atv's that used the same or similar parts it should not be too difficult to get what ever you might need!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Oh ya, how much did you pay? Thinking of selling all 4 of my Jetmotos!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shupe03a4
...My questions,
1. Got it with no reg, or any paperwork, I'm in CA and would like to get a green sticker if possible. Vin on frame is legible, but the plates have a couple numbers but sun very sun faded. How do i get it registered?
I wish you luck with that. I wouldn't spend any money on this quad until I went to the DMV (california Department of Motor Vehicles) and got the list of things (and fees) that will have to be done and paid before this thing can be registered. I've had really bad experiences with the California DMV. You'll almost certainly be liable for all back registration fees plus penalties for all the years the quad has not been registered. But you'll have to prove you have legal title first. That's probably going to be tough.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by outofline
Oh ya, how much did you pay? Thinking of selling all 4 of my Jetmotos!
Hey its been a while!

Well I sold my all my chinese stuff last week, package deal Jetmoto 150, Ducar 110 and Baja 50 for not a lot. I think the fellow got a sweet deal as I paid enough for them especially the 2005 110 quad that was $$ back then up here. But we got a lot of use out of them and the kids had fun over the years. Kids grew up quads got too small and no one used them anymore. Took the cash from the ATV's and have been looking at dirt bikes now.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum Shupe03a4!

I agree with making sure you can register this quad before doing much else..

What year is the quad?

Valvoline 10wt-40 will be fine..

Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

no idea what year it is, Looks like prob an 06-07, just a guess on the age of the plastic.

After cleaning out the carb it runs decent, but the needle sticks and overfills the carb, so i need to re-do the needle and it's bore.

You can see my replacement fuel line/petcock/and filter setup, the filter was for a VW bug so it's a little too big, but works. cost on all 3 parts $7.18

Also i included the pic of it loaded on top of my car when I brought it home.
I got the ATV for trade of a broken macbook on craigslist. so actual cost on the AYV was zero out of pocket, $7.18fuel stuff +$32 battery from wall mart, so i have spent about 40 buck so far.

Plans are to spray paint and recover seat.

The main purpose for the vehicle is to push my racecar around the pits and if i get it reg i can trail ride too, but that is much less important.

Thanks again for the help, i will keep ading more pics and vin info
Name:  127_0964.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  16.2 KB
Name:  127_1023.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  16.3 KB
Name:  127_1022.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  16.6 KB
Name:  127_1021.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  13.0 KB
Name:  127_1020.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  17.8 KB

Trending Topics

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

From looking at the pics..Its a 07.. its a decent quad and should work great pushing a race car around.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Just sold all my 4 Jetmotos today!

Ya that looks like my 07's!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and looking at the tire tread wear that 150 does not have many miles at all on it! And the Jetmoto stickers are intacked which will come off with use and cleanings!

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 150-just got it and i need some help