1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Looking for TaoTao ATA 125A information

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for TaoTao ATA 125A information

I hate for my first post to be one asking for help, but I have become the "lucky" owner of an ATV and need replacement parts.

I have everything mechanically in good shape. It runs good and has no problems electrically or structurally.

The body however, is in desperate need of repair. I'm looking to replace the body plastic and seat and am having trouble locating replacements.

The VIN doesn't lead me to any useful information, but I've come to find the ATV frame is used by several brands.

It seems to be the same frame as a ATA125A even though it's a 110cc model.

Here's some identical ones listed by different numbers
TaoTao125a

Coolsports Bobcat

Panther 110cc TTB

Even with the various listings, I cannot find anyone who has the body in stock. Any help with a vendor that could possibly help would be appreciated.

Also, the atv is too fast for my child and limiting the throttle limits it's power on hills. I'd like to gear it down a bit and need to know the best way. Would it be by swapping the sprockets on the front and rear. It seems to have an automatic CVT transmission. Is there a way to adjust the operation to keep it in a lower range?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Trailblazer

Try coolster.com for parts just click the one that's looks like yours or has same CC motor and it will pull up every single part. I don't know much about sprockets but from what I've herd if you drop the teeth down on the front you get low end so I'm assuming rasing the teeth on front end will give you what your looking for. I think stock is 13t F 40t R so I would try a 15t front that should help with minimizing low end a lot. Also my 3 year old has the 125cc model which is pretty fast I lhaven't done anything to it as far as trying to limit power. I just tell him over and over again go slow and I occasionally get on the back and so him how to handle corners and hands on explain what can happen if he takes a corner to fast but I'm always in eyes view an have the remote kill switch handy which works great.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 1stimer87
Try coolster.com for parts just click the one that's looks like yours or has same CC motor
Thanks for the info, but the plastic they have isn't interchangeable.

Swapping sprockets is probably what I'll do, but I think it's a smaller front/larger rear that's needed to slow it down.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is no one familiar with the interchangeability of body parts on this model or are they just considered "throw away" ATVs?

If it's the latter, that's too bad. I'm not good enough with fabrication to make new mounting locations as I'm more into the electrical field than mechanical. I'm sure someone else would want more money than it's worth to modify what I have.

Is there any where that sells a lot of the chinese ATVs for parts of is this another hit or miss thing?

I'd hate to toss it or part it out unnecessarily.