1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Is my starter bad??? PLEASE HELP!! 110 atv

Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess i'm going to look into a new starter! Thank you Lynn for your help! You are an angel!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks. But thanks to all the other posters too . There's been a lot of good ideas posted in this thread. A community of ideas is always a good thing.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

You are right! Thank you to everyone that has helped me!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Startermotor

Hi, Have a look into buying new brushes not the whole startermotor. Youtube do brill tutorials and takes about 10 mins to do for £10. You have done the hard part already.

Well done.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
So far I'm impressed with what you've done so far. You've been very methodical about this.

Do you have jumper cables? Try jumping the quad battery to your car battery, then try to start up the quad [please take *extra* care to get the jumper cable polarity right - plus to plus, and minus to minus]. Does the starter turn now?

What the last test does is check to see if your quad battery was folding under the starter motor's heavy load. If it cranks when jumped to the car then the quad battery is bad or discharged.

After that you are going to need a meter. We need to find out if your starter is getting adequate voltage right at the starter. If not why? We can trace back the path to the battery and find out where it is going wrong.

In addition, if we find your quad battery is not up to the task, then we will be using the meter to check the battery charging system.

Meters are cheap these days. A really good one is about $20.
I was wondering if u could help me I have a sunl110 it will turn over with plug out but won't with it in even if I jump it do u think the starter is bad

Old 08-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I got a 110cc Chinese atv

When I turn the key and try and start I get nothing not even a cranking sound or clicking from the starter solenoid anyone have any ideas what's rong ?
I got a good battery

Old 08-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

This may be somewhere earlier in this thread, but you asked so:-
Check if you are getting battery power across the ignition switch, if not, the main fuse may have gone. If you are, there will be two thick wires to the solenoid, and two thin ones, get the voltmeter and connect it across the thin wires, ignition on, press the start button, if it shows 12v but the solenoid doesn't click you have a faulty solenoid, if it doesn't show full voltage you either have a broken wire or a faulty start button. You then need to check the back of the switch for continuity when pressed and then the wires from switch to solenoid and from ignition, etc.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

from far i ready from thread author there is huge possibility that starter relay maybe is stuck or has reached its days to the end, if you touch with screwdriver relays big wires it should start a starter if there still no sound, well it could be starter.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Atv Isn't Making Any Sound But I Hold The Tail Light It Come On

I Jump Start My Atv One Day It Started Smoking From The Wires On The Battery & From The Pipe After That The Atv Never Said A Thing Wen Trying To Start It

Old 10-21-2023, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Check if cables are pushed to the battery

So, I'm 13 and this happens to me on my honda, on the battery it makes a click sound but it should be a quick fix? Hopefully so the screw that holds the cables in can come loose, and will not be connected so all you Hopefully have to do is to tighten the screw holding down the positive and negative cables, Hopefully..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is my starter bad??? PLEASE HELP!! 110 atv