1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Can you help me identify this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you help me identify this?

Hi everyone, new owner of a Chines ATV here and I have the same problem as everybody else: I can't find the make and model of my quad.
The motor says Zongshen 163MM *86A00082*
I couldn't find any VIN nor chassis serial number and without them I have very little choice of registering it with the national authority in my country.
Dimensions are: length 175 cm, width 100 cm, height (at the fuel tank) 95 cm
Here are some pics of the beast :P

Last edited by xFreebirdx; 11-18-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so there's not a VIN on the lower left hand frame rail on the underside nor on the vertical downtube from the handlebars and no metal ID tag on the front/rear grab handle or the vertical downtube of the handlebars? .

nice lookin quad though..........i know of zongshen engines, i just don't know if that is the brand of quad. sounds good though. it ain't a hibird or a linhai, but similiar to a taotao or jetmoto....a little bit.. . well, i apologize i don't know. i tried.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply.
Nope, no VIN tag or any other tags on the chassis or on any metal part. I found the manufacturer of the plastics, though, but that doesn't help as it won't answer my mail.
On the keys there's written 'Guanxian' which I found it's a Chinese town.
I'll try my luck with the taotao or jetmoto as you suggested and let everybody know if/when I identify the quad.
Oh, forgot to say it's got manual gears (4+R), maybe it helps.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I may have found something similar: 200st-3 Atv Moto offer by Oxylina Int'l Co., Ltd.
The dimensions are not quite the same, but the general shape and the plastic body looks a lot like mine.
Same for this one: http://www.manufacturer.com/product/...V+200st-3.html

Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have three Chinese made ATV's and they all have VIN numbers stamped into the frame. They are all on the right front side of the ATV and can be hard to see. The paint they use to coat the frame with is quite thick and can hide the numbers well. There is no stadardized location so you may have to take a real close look.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That definatlly is chinese but it looks really good.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you all for the input.
@ghcoe: I have a date with the national registration authority in my country on the 23rd, maybe they can find the damned VIN :P
I'll keep you posted.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

OK, this is official, Romania sucks.
The national registration authority would have registered my toy even without a VIN, but ... 'you don't have a braking system blocking all 4 wheels at once'.
Damn it, I have front brakes and rear brakes, what if they don't engage all at once?

Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry about your problems.

Do you have motorcycles in Romania? Obviously they don't require front and rear braking from a single input device. Can you argue that this is more like a four wheeled motorcycle (with motorcycle style handlebars even)? Can you argue that there isn't any quad built by any manufacturer anywhere in the world that makes all four wheels lock up controlled by a single control? Can you argue that the reason there are separate front/rear braking controls is that the vehicle is better controlled and safer than for a single braking system? Is there an decision appeal process?

I live in California USA. We don't have a "national regisratation authority". We have the "department of motor vehicles". It sucks too. Big time. I feel your pain...

Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Can you argue that there isn't any quad built by any manufacturer anywhere in the world that makes all four wheels lock up controlled by a single control?
I believe some Polaris quads have a lever (foot or hand, not sure) that controls all four brakes.

Quick Reply: Can you help me identify this?