1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

ETON 150 Yukon & 250 Vector (PARTS NEEDED!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETON 150 Yukon & 250 Vector (PARTS NEEDED!)

Hey guys, long time, no type. Put the ATV's in storage, finished the remodel on my house, sold it, and moved into my new house.

So now that I have pulled the ATV's out of storage, I think I am looking for some parts, or advice on repair..

The 150 will not start unless I spray gas straight into the carb. The Vacuum pump is working, just gas is not getting into the carb. So I am looking for someone that may have knoledge of how to fix this problem, or knows of a place to get them affordably from. I did find a couple 150 carbs on Ebay for 30 bucks. So, if a simple repair isnt possible, then replacement will be in order.

The 250 will start, and run, but getting it started can be a royal pain in the backside. I imagine it has the same problem as the 150, in that the jet is clogged. So if anyone has a suggestion on how to repair this Carb, or locate a rebuilt one, let me know. I will also be looking for some plastic parts, and a Speedo. A box in the storage locker fell on it and did some minor damage.

Also, does anyone have a repair manual for one of these, or know where they can be located?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

plenty of videos to show you how to clean the carb/jets of the atv carb. not hard, takes <15 minutes. the carbs in the videos you watch may not be identical to your specific quad, BUT, the theory is the same. they all have jets to be cleaned.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

I had a similar problem, turned out to be dodgy valve seats and a timing issue, i also originally though it was a carb problem but after tearing it all apart and cleaning i got a brand new carb and still the same problem, after a full top end rebuild it runs perfect now after redoing the calve seats and timing issue. Check the compression, may tell you if your valves or timing is dodgy, should be blowing around 170 PSI on the 150.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Range Rover

Well, I pulled the carb, and cleaned the jets up.. It now idles great, but will not throttle up. The main jet had a huge amount of sediment built up in it. I may have to reclean it, and hope it works. If not, I will have to get a new jet. I probly should get a new jet anyways. It currently has a low altitude jet in it (Missouri), and I just moved to Colorado.. I need to lean it out a tad.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer

Tell us how it goes, also maybe you could help me out, do you know where to get parts, i have only found two sites that to the whole parts list but they are based in th US and the shipping costs a bucket load.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

My experience with anything Canada has always been like you say, distributor in US, and costs a butload to get the items.

You may actually be stuck looking for parts thru a local dealer. It seems you actually come out a bit better on this one thou, as it looks like there are 4 dealers in your area. I dont even have that, I have to go about 40 miles to find 2.

Swish
540 Admiral Dr.
London, ON
N5V 4L5
(519) 659-2101

Hully Gully
1705 Wharncliffe Rd. S
London, ON
N6L 1J9
(519) 685-8045

Rockport Performance
39 North St. Unit E
Tillsonburg, ON
N4G 1B4
(519) 842-3250

Mitchell Cycle
RR #5, 4131 Perth Rd.
Mitchell, ON
N0K 1N0
(519) 348-0490

The only other thing I can think of is to see if there is an American user of the board that is willing to ship the parts to you. I have done this before, and sometimes works, as long as the person is trust worthy.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Ah i see, thank you so much for your help, i will have a look into the local dealers, and a great idea on getting a US member to ship parts.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LaPurr
Well, I pulled the carb, and cleaned the jets up.. It now idles great, but will not throttle up. The main jet had a huge amount of sediment built up in it. I may have to reclean it, and hope it works. If not, I will have to get a new jet. I probly should get a new jet anyways. It currently has a low altitude jet in it (Missouri), and I just moved to Colorado.. I need to lean it out a tad.
is your slide operating correctly? did the cable come loose from the slide inside the sleeve?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

Slide? I am a fuel injected person, carbs are kinda new to me..

Repulled the carb. I thought I had the main jet clean, but I did not! Completely clogged!

Recleaned it, and reinstalled it, it now idles, and will throttle up, however..

Sometimes when you thorttle it up, it will not respond, and the engine just dies. If you pump the throttle, sometimes it will catch, sometimes it wont. I have no idea what this could be.

I also fired up my 250 today, and to my surprise, it ran great. I still need to put some high altitude jets in it thou. I also need to buy some batteries for both of them, they are both shot from sitting in storage for 4 years or so.

If someone is parting out a Vector 250, or knows where to get the speedometer for it reasonable, let me know please.