1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc will not fire up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The carb on this is a PZ19... there is what looks like a vacuum line hole near the middle/top it. Here comes the obvious question.... does that need to be plugged in some where? The old one wasn't, nor is the new one.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TurkeyCreekDad
The carb on this is a PZ19... there is what looks like a vacuum line hole near the middle/top it. Here comes the obvious question.... does that need to be plugged in some where? The old one wasn't, nor is the new one.
No, Have you verified it's getting spark ?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that's probably an overflow vent line. if you could, post some pics in the posts or make an album under your profile.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is running! Yeehaw. Last night I adjusted the valves correctly to .004 and .006. I thought they were good on Sunday but I had them to tight still it looks like.

The strange thing is it still didnt like to fire at all directly after making this change. However, I then as a last ditch effort and just kind of playing around I backed the air/mix screw about all of the way out. When I cranked it then I actually got my first real fire. It rumbled one time. I then turned it in a 1/4 turn and started it again. I did this close to a dozen or so times and each time it sounded better and better. Finally I closed it completely, then backed it out 1 and 1/2 turns to where I had it before. After a shot of starter fluid directly into the carb it fired up and ran. After about 5 minutes I set the idle and it ran perfectly. It currently purs like a kitten. Strange!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good deal!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all of the help guys. Hopefully this issue is resolved... now onto more issues and improvements. However, I am glad to say I now have all of our ATV's running. First time in a long time. I can chase each of my boys this weekend now that they all run.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for all of the help guys. Hopefully this issue is resolved... now onto more issues and improvements. However, I am glad to say I now have all of our ATV's running. First time in a long time. I can chase each of my boys this weekend now that they all run.
that's good news. that's better than triple coupons on double coupon day!. y'all have fun!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

So as a final update I wanted to let you guys know, that this ATV ran great over the weekend. As my son was just getting ready to park it inside the garage, the darn thing stalled on him. When he and I looked to restart it we found it wouldn't even turn over any more. Just sits there! No lights, no attempt to turn over, no clicking.Certainly have something disconnected somewhere.... Murphy's law I rekon'.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

So as a final update I wanted to let you guys know, that this ATV ran great over the weekend. As my son was just getting ready to park it inside the garage, the darn thing stalled on him. When he and I looked to restart it we found it wouldn't even turn over any more. Just sits there! No lights, no attempt to turn over, no clicking.Certainly have something disconnected somewhere.... Murphy's law I rekon'.
Fuse

Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Range Rover

Ray;
Thank You for following up and letting everyone know why and what fixed your bike. So many don't.

Quick Reply: 110cc will not fire up