1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

yamoto 90cc will turn on intermitently

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013 | 02:19 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default yamoto 90cc will turn on intermitently

Hello, I bought a 90cc Yamato atv that is about 8 years old. It needed new battery so I put one in, and did a valve adjustment. It fired right up and ran great. However after getting it cleaned up I'm having a problem getting it to turn on. I turn the switch and nothing happens, no lights no cranking. However every once in awhile I can get it turn on, the neutral light lights up and it starts without a problem. I tore the kill switch apart and cleaned it, changed the fuse, to no Vail. now I'm thinking it could be the ignition switch. Is there anything else I should check before ordering one?
Thanks

I should add that I do have a multimeter, but do not know how to check to see if the ignition switch is faulty.

Old 06-15-2013 | 05:46 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I just wanted to give a small update. I jumped across the starter solenoid and it started right up. Then I pulled on the brake wires while they were attached to the brake housing and my neutral light came on and it was able to start. I have never had to hit the brake to get it to start, nor do I think that the brake light could have an effect on my neutral light. Was it just coincidence that the light started working and it was able to start? Since I bought it my brake light has not worked, and replacing the bulb had no effect. I'm stumped so hopefully it stays working

Old 06-15-2013 | 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by nbaglior
I just wanted to give a small update. I jumped across the starter solenoid and it started right up. Then I pulled on the brake wires while they were attached to the brake housing and my neutral light came on and it was able to start. I have never had to hit the brake to get it to start, nor do I think that the brake light could have an effect on my neutral light. Was it just coincidence that the light started working and it was able to start? Since I bought it my brake light has not worked, and replacing the bulb had no effect. I'm stumped so hopefully it stays working
Are your lights working - if you turn ignition switch to on are your lights able to work?

When you say nothing happens - sounds like there is a pinched wire or loose connection. I would check for breaks in the wire.

Also check the fuse that is normally close to the battery.