1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Small Chinese quad no spark with alarm disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Chinese quad no spark with alarm disconnected

I have a small Chinese quad somebody gave me. Upon reading a lot of post I had it running for a short while I then ran Into a carb problem and things went bad the way I got to spark and work at first was by removing Cdi kill switch pin. And plugging the alarm back in without two black wires grounded coming off the alarm hook to anything ok well it worked great by jumping sylenoid and would run. Well one little electric resistor or something broke inside the alarm box. And now I can't even jump sylenoid off. One of the two smaller wires coming fro sylenoid is wired into the main little black alarm box. If I touch direct power to slyenoid it turns starter but no spark. So now I have no idea how to get around/bypass this alarm. I read unplugging it would disable it and everything. Would run fine. But it was the opposite for me I had to plug it back in to get spark please somebody anybody?and also by removing kill switch pin from 5 pin Cdi does that make it were you don't need a key to have spark with Cdi pin removed?