1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

supermach 110cc atv voltage regulator and charging system question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supermach 110cc atv voltage regulator and charging system question

I just picked up a used Chinese 110cc atv (2010 supermach ) it had no spark so i've been reading all of the incredible wealth of info on this site especially Lyn Edwards's knowledge. after days of testing I finally got spark ( cdi) and got it it running ( thanks to you guys and all the info on this site) but its not charging that battery. im not sure what type of stator if have ( full or half wave) I think it may be a half wave , its a two coil stator ( larger coil yellow n white go to I believe is the lighting / charging coil and the smaller coil has the red/ black wire and the pickup has the blue/white and green wire) At idle the battery is not charging or dropping. so I disconnected the regulator tested the ac voltage while motor running at idle.

yellow to white 10.5 volts
yellow to ground 2.5 volt
white to ground 4.5 volts

not sure if those numbers are sufficient so id had two new 4 small 4 pin regulators ( the same size that the atv came with) tried them both and no change in the battery voltage at ide or running . I also have a larger 4 pin regulator ( the one with the cooling fins on three sides) plugged that in and tested it and hade about 12.9 volts at idle and when revved slowly climbed to around 13.5 / 14 volts.

now I think the charging system is working but im not sure if its the correct regulator and not sure if a incorrect regulator will damage the staor ( if the stator is not already on its way out) or harm any thing else. how do you tell if you have a full wave or half wave stator and what are voltage measurements and can a incorrect voltage regulator damage anything

any advice would be greatly appreciated THANKS