1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

E-Ton 90cc 2-stroke problem

Old 07-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Ton 90cc 2-stroke problem

My 2002 E-Ton 90cc 2-stroke runs with no load on it. With the back end sitting up on a milk crate, when you floor the gas it goes full rpms.... however, as soon as you take it off of the milk crate and anyone sits on it and tries to go it starts to move but after a second or two it bogs out. If you keep on the gas it will simply die out.

It has plenty of gas and a new battery, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:26 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like you may need to check out the clutches and belt. Belt could be worn,rollers worn or rear clutch problems.

Attached Thumbnails E-Ton 90cc 2-stroke problem-06.gif.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Ditto.
I had one of those in that the exhaust screen was so plugged that it didn't run right.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Sounds like you may need to check out the clutches and belt. Belt could be worn,rollers worn or rear clutch problems.
Thank you Thank you.... When I am inspecting them are there any special indicators that will tell me if the belt, rollers, or clutch needs to be replaced?

Originally Posted by LT80
Ditto.
I had one of those in that the exhaust screen was so plugged that it didn't run right.
Thank you Thank you.... The boys were riding it hard through the mud and rain when the problem started, so I will give that a look too.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Flat or won spots on the roller,rear centrifugal clutch shoes worn,but if water got in that could have been the problem and just needs to be cleaned out. Like LT80 mentioned also,check the exhaust flow as these little machine can get stopped up with carbon and oil deposits over the years. A lot of scooters and youth atvs share the same type clutch system.

Search this Thread