2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

Review of Raceway ATV and RFX-150

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of Raceway ATV and RFX-150

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend received her RFX-150. First thing I did was do the basic assembly on the machine, changed the fluids, and fired it up. We rode it for about 30 minutes or so. Ran great. My first impression was that this machine is going to be severly underpowered. Not so. Not for her riding style anyway. She could care less about drag racing or motocross. If any of the 4 tires ever leave the dirt, I'll be impressed. It fits her well too. The machine ran great. No problems there. We took it and my 4-wheeler to a local riding area this past weekend. Had a bit of a problem there. First of all, the machine is very cold natured. That's not a big deal considering it should be warmed up before riding anyway. So, not a problem for me as mine is very very cold natured. We went riding. After about 15 minutes, it died and would not start. I towed it back to the truck. Messed with it, found a bad wire connection. Fixed it and took off riding. 15 minutes later, it died. No restart this time. Went home to discover that the CDI box was bad. We now have a new one on the way. I don't consider this to be major at all. Easy fix. As far as suspension is concerned, it'll be just fine for what she does. Like I said, she rides slow and will never be doing motocross anytime soon. Brakes are awesome. I don't know what they're made of, but they work great. It's a little low on power for my taste, but I'm accustomed to a 400cc 2-stroke. Big difference from a 150cc 4-stroke. However, it pulled my big butt around pretty good. I wouldn't complain and I'd feel comfortable with the power on trails. Just doesn't have the zip that I'm used to. By the way, I'm 6'4" and weigh over 225. I'll post more when we go riding again, but so far I have no regrets in this machine. I think it'll be great for what it was purchased for. My girlfriend rides trails and open areas. That's about it. She doesn't do any of the 'crazy' things.

Review of RACEWAY ATV:
John is great to deal with. I talked and e-mailed with him before the purchase. After we purchased, I am well aware that I was (and continue to be) a big pain right in his butt. Before it was delivered I pestered him. After we had the little issue with the CDI box, he was of great help and has since sent a new one out to me no questions asked. I appreciate that. His business is well run and he's great to deal with. Like I said, I was a pain in the butt and he was always nothing but nice and helpful every time. He's also very busy and will always take time to listen to what I have to say or take the time to help me regardless. I also appreciate that. In about a year or so, I'll be in the market to purchase a small atv for my son and I'd have no problems spending my money with John and I would have no problems buying a Kazuma. So far, it's been a great machine for the money and seems to be very well built. If Raceway has a product that I'm interested in, you can be rest assured that I'll buy it from John before buying from anyone else. The customer service and prices have sold me.

Jeff

Old 12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's my take on the machine from an earlier post Kazuma RFX150 vs Yomoto 150.

Fri December 10, 2004 6:57 PM

Yeah, my son's Kazuma RFX 150 arrived today, we ordered it last Friday, not bad at all.
This machine looks great, I can't believe I got it for that kind of money. I did the small amount of assembly required, mounted wheels, battery, etc. This weekend we'll test drive it and it goes away till Christmas. I'll post later about performance, so far so good.................

Report this to a Moderator
Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit

Hammeru
Weekend Warrior
Jackson, New Jersey

Sun December 12, 2004 3:51 PM

Test drive went excellent, my son loves the thing. I couldn't figure out how to start the damm thing.
I put a call into "Raceway" and left a message, in two minutes he calls me back with the answer. The right one I might add, put your foot on the break when starting. Yeahhh, it started right up.
I bought new oil and gear lube to change out the factory stuff. I'll post after Christmas on trail performance.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Dear Jeff:
Thanks for the post it feels good when someone takes the time to write good things about me and the company.
And believe me you not a pain in the butt!!! Your a really nice guy! I am sorry I cannot spend more time in the forums and on the phone with people. This is not just a job to me I love bikes and love this industry!! I find my self lucky. But I will also say sorry to everyone that has been call and has not be a lucky to get me on the phone! I will tell everyone that has bought any of the Kazuma or Yamoto products that this time of the year is very crazy and they have not put the time in "that should be in getting us out replacement parts as we need. But I really cannot get on them because any other time of the year I am very happy with there service. Well, on a better note all of that is just about over and about a week or so I know everything will be back on track! If anyone out there is waiting on any parts just bare with us and by next week everything will be sent out.

P.S Jeff let me know if you have already received your C.D.I box. If not I will check into it on Monday Morning!
www.racewayatv.com

Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer

John,
I have not received the CDI box yet. I was hoping for friday. Does it come UPS or through the post office?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 12-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am not sure Jeff how Mark sent it??? But please call me Monday so I can make sure for you !

Old 12-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

I'll do that. I'll give you a call monday morning.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 12-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have a question aboout the FX 150. I received the unit today 12/20/04 and I can't get the brakes to release on the front tires. The hand brake is released. What do I need to do?

Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

painnpanic:
Call me tomorrow morning and I will help you out. They are front disc brakes!! Maybe you need to bleed the brakes.
But call me in the morning. 1-888-722-3288

Old 12-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi, im 12 yrs old and just got my first quad for christmas(2 of my friends also got the same ones)! it is a redcat fx-150/kazuma rfx-150. i have ridden it in the woods behind my house every day since christmas. i have not had a single problem with it except for the plastic body. mine is still fine but both of my friends bodies have been broken. 1 of my friends has gotten his fender broken off because a vine got caught between the fender and the seat and he dident know this untill pop! the vine pulled the fender off. my other friend crashed into a tree going at about 15-20 miles an hour and it cracked the whole front plastic! i love these quads and i think their good for the price but the body is very cheap and thin so be carefull around trees and vines!

Old 12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

I had wondered about that myself. For my girlfriend, I doubt it will be an issue. She won't do much I'm sure. However, I looked at some replacement plastic on redcats webpage (different model as the RFX-150 is not updated yet), but the plastic for other models is incredibly cheap compared to other quads.