3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

110cc engine oil drain plug?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATA-125a fluid question.

Hi I'm new here and had a couple of questions. I have just got for my kids a taotao ATA-125a and wanted to know if there is a water plug or clutch plug on these motors or is it just add oil and thats it. I got this used so no manual.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by point29
Hi I'm new here and had a couple of questions. I have just got for my kids a taotao ATA-125a and wanted to know if there is a water plug or clutch plug on these motors or is it just add oil and thats it. I got this used so no manual.
Water plug? Your 125cc should be air cooled. There is no separate drain plug for the clutch cavity since the engine/trans share the same oil.

Joel

Old 05-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

thank you very much for posting that pic of the oil drain plug .
i too was curious on which plug to pull ,i am about to do my first oil change .
on it TAOTAO 125D do i need to use anything on the threads to keep the plug from falling out .it looks like it is glued in ??

thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

The only 2 plugs you should have to mess with is the bigger bolt plug for draining underneth and the oil dip stick plug were you fill on the 125 models. the little crome plugs on top of the crank case are for nothing they are a dry clutch motor on the 125A & D. I hope this helps.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks i drained and filled . overfilled actually. how much do these things take .
i put 950ml in and it ended up comeing out the dipstick hole. I took about 250ml out.
so i am asuming i have about 700 ml in there does thast sound about right?
the dipstick reads at the top of the full marks but it is kind of hard to read .
I am pretty sure that it is full though , i'm gonna let it sit overnight and i'll check it again in the morning. i did start it up and run it for a couple of minutes to circulate everythnig

thanks

Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a related question. I have a 125cc Tao and today was our first oil change. By mistake, we unscrewed the wrong bolt (the smaller one) and a spring and some sort of piston came out with force and fell into the oil pan, along with a bit of oil. Now, the problem is, we don't know in which order to put them back in since everything came out too fast.

Is it: 1) piston 2) spring 3) bolt or 1) spring 2) piston 3) bolt?

also, is the bit oil that came out of this whole a problem or is it just part of the overall oil reservoir which we'll refill as part of the regular oil change (using the right bolt this time!)?

Originally Posted by OneTenCC

The following users liked this post:
Nic Ray (09-01-2019)
Old 05-22-2017, 04:25 AM
momofboys
Default lost plastic tip

Can you help? Pulled wrong drain plug . Spring and everything popped out. Someone went behind me and put it back in wrong and lost the black plastic tip that Goes on the cam chain tensioner inside of the crankcase. How do I get it out?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jesica McCullough
Can you help? Pulled wrong drain plug . Spring and everything popped out. Someone went behind me and put it back in wrong and lost the black plastic tip that Goes on the cam chain tensioner inside of the crankcase. How do I get it out?
I did the same thing today. Did you ever figure out what to do? I just put the plug back in and my son has been riding it all day.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 110cc plug issue

Originally Posted by Richard Walker
I did the same thing today. Did you ever figure out what to do? I just put the plug back in and my son has been riding it all day.
hi mate I've just done same thing and un done the wrong bolt to drain the oil. I've got all the bits still but dont know which way it went in.did u manage to suss yours ?and help on it would be appreciated.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jesica McCullough
hi mate did u manage to sort which way it went back in? cheers

Quick Reply: 110cc engine oil drain plug?